TiRant tool looks a little like the TAC65

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Signature

TiRant tool looks a little like the TAC65

Post by Signature »

looks a little like the tac65 that did this

im goin 4 it. wish me luck.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: TiRant tool looks a little like the TAC65

Post by Selectedmarksman »

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you're going for it, but the big difference here is in the TiRant I think. If you have a TiRant that was sealed at the factory then you shouldn't try the takedown even with the tool (I think they use an extra-strong thread-locker). If your TiRant is a take-apart model, then you should have no problem.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
brazos609
Silent But Deadly

Post by brazos609 »

Looks to me like correctly sized hardened steel pins vs a cheap cast piece to me.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

While it is not a cast part or cheap, the Ti-RANT takedown tool is just that... a Takedown tool, not a jailbreak tool.

Be careful.
Kick Ass Design
Signature

Post by Signature »

it's sealed & i'm going 4 it.
i will boil the end cap portion to break up the rockset and try my hand at jailbreaking. think i'll use a ceramic block on the bottom of pot to rest the tirant on while the water is boiling. look, i wanna shoot 22 out of the damn thing and that will require regular cleaning. i was hoping the tool would be a mirror of the endcap in order to allow more surface to contact while unscrewing. others have done with a tac65 so, i hope, with any luck, this will be a stronger tool and allow for easier dis assembly.
i wish AAC would offer new endcaps only as i think the new ones have an o-ring.
i always thought it was a little ridiculous to offer a silencer with a threaded endcap that is sealed. what's the point? if it's to be sealed, weld it.
i'd bet u dollar AAC has jailbroken their personal silencers (tell us how) or maybe didnt have the rockset added during production.
maybe i am crazy and if this goes horribly wrong, i wont tell a soul but, if it goes well - i'll post more pics.
tool is on order.
cross ur fingers. gitRdun
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Signature wrote:it's sealed & i'm going 4 it.
i will boil the end cap portion to break up the rockset and try my hand at jailbreaking. think i'll use a ceramic block on the bottom of pot to rest the tirant on while the water is boiling. look, i wanna shoot 22 out of the damn thing and that will require regular cleaning. i was hoping the tool would be a mirror of the endcap in order to allow more surface to contact while unscrewing. others have done with a tac65 so, i hope, with any luck, this will be a stronger tool and allow for easier dis assembly.
i wish AAC would offer new endcaps only as i think the new ones have an o-ring.
i always thought it was a little ridiculous to offer a silencer with a threaded endcap that is sealed. what's the point? if it's to be sealed, weld it.
i'd bet u dollar AAC has jailbroken their personal silencers (tell us how) or maybe didnt have the rockset added during production.
maybe i am crazy and if this goes horribly wrong, i wont tell a soul but, if it goes well - i'll post more pics.
tool is on order.
cross ur fingers. gitRdun
[Not an official endorsement, if you muck it up you will have to pay for repairs] Just be careful and use a well-padded vise to hold the can.

If it doesn't unthread, then boil the end longer. if it still doesn't unthread, let it soak overnight then boil again. rinse and repeat.
Kick Ass Design
Signature

Post by Signature »

@JasonAAC
appreciate the info - thanks.
is it true that after AAC found out people were jailbreaking their silencers, they put three times the rockset on?
i have tirant 9mm. at what serial# did they start making the endcap removable?
is the main body / tube the same size, dimensions, and threads as the new style?
will you offer just endcaps for sale if they are interchangeable?
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Signature wrote:@JasonAAC
appreciate the info - thanks.
is it true that after AAC found out people were jailbreaking their silencers, they put three times the rockset on?
i have tirant 9mm. at what serial# did they start making the endcap removable?
is the main body / tube the same size, dimensions, and threads as the new style?
will you offer just endcaps for sale if they are interchangeable?
1. No, that's crazy.

2. It does not go by serial, the tubes are serialized before the cans are built, so they are sometimes out of order.

3. body, tube, threads of the 2010 is the same as the 2011.

4. No, we cannot sell endcaps as they are controlled silencer parts. if you damage yours, you can send in the whole can and we will charge you for a replacement, i don't know the cost.
Kick Ass Design
brazos609
Silent But Deadly

Post by brazos609 »

JasonAAC wrote:While it is not a cast part or cheap, the Ti-RANT takedown tool is just that... a Takedown tool, not a jailbreak tool.

Be careful.
You took my comment wrong. I was saying your Ti-RANT tool is a correctly made tool to match a new production, servicable Ti-RANT as opposed to the photo showing a broken cheap cast tool not made for any Ti-RANT, sealed or servicable, and the resulting damage from it's ill advised use.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

brazos609 wrote:
JasonAAC wrote:While it is not a cast part or cheap, the Ti-RANT takedown tool is just that... a Takedown tool, not a jailbreak tool.

Be careful.
You took my comment wrong. I was saying your Ti-RANT tool is a correctly made tool to match a new production, servicable Ti-RANT as opposed to the photo showing a broken cheap cast tool not made for any Ti-RANT, sealed or servicable, and the resulting damage from it's ill advised use.
I beg to differ. If I may presume to say so, I think Jason knew what you were saying. However, as seen in the picture the metal of the 'other' tool not only failed, the end cap metal was wrecked. This isn't to say the TiRant end cap is made of cheap metal, rather that the sealed cans are well sealed. I believe Jason meant that they made a high quality takedown tool but it was not intended to be able to jailbreak a sealed can.

I'd not try this personally... I'd recommend sending it to a pro if you want it jailbroken.
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

4. No, we cannot sell endcaps as they are controlled silencer parts. if you damage yours, you can send in the whole can and we will charge you for a replacement, i don't know the cost.
Jason, do you have to send the whole can back, or can you just send off the old end cap? I'm debating attempting a jailbreak myself if I can get one of the tools. I would like the new end-cap that has a recessed spot for the o-ring, and I wouldn't mind paying to have it swapped out. Is that so much to ask? ;) (but I'd really rather send my whole can back to ya'll and pay ya'll to make it serviceable!)
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

I give up... good luck to you guys if you want to try this. Post pictures of the results.
brazos609
Silent But Deadly

Post by brazos609 »

I don't think all that damage was done to the endcap in one try either and it probably popped out more than once before breaking the tool pins off.
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

Hey there PACKY, I promise you it can be done without boogering up the cap. Then again, I want the cap that has the spot for the O-ring anyway- that's why I was asking about an exchange/price.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Go for it, post picks throughout the process so others can see what's possible.
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

Pain already did it.. You didn't see his pictures? He made his own tool also. He didn't booger up his endcap either. Remember, there are people out there who can't get a lower to go together without destroying it too. I tend to think that something of that nature was involved with the oft repeated picture of the destroyed endcap being held by the goofy teen in a cafeteria. IF, I do decide to do it, I will post pictures.
fugitive

Post by fugitive »

Holes seem to be there for AAC not us. So when we get a bad round bouncing around in there they can easily take it apart and fix. That and sexy looking.
BUSTING MY ASS TO SAVE YOURS.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

copenhagen wrote:
Jason, do you have to send the whole can back, or can you just send off the old end cap? I'm debating attempting a jailbreak myself if I can get one of the tools. I would like the new end-cap that has a recessed spot for the o-ring, and I wouldn't mind paying to have it swapped out. Is that so much to ask? ;) (but I'd really rather send my whole can back to ya'll and pay ya'll to make it serviceable!)
It would be the whole can sent back unfortunately as it's a controlled part... we can't (or aren't) doing exchanges. this is beyond my (or mers or john, etc)'s control.
Kick Ass Design
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Selectedmarksman wrote:
brazos609 wrote:

Be careful.
I beg to differ. If I may presume to say so, I think Jason knew what you were saying. However, as seen in the picture the metal of the 'other' tool not only failed, the end cap metal was wrecked. This isn't to say the TiRant end cap is made of cheap metal, rather that the sealed cans are well sealed. I believe Jason meant that they made a high quality takedown tool but it was not intended to be able to jailbreak a sealed can.

I'd not try this personally... I'd recommend sending it to a pro if you want it jailbroken.
No worries, I totally understood your comment, and took it the right way.

My comment was more in general, not directed at you.
Kick Ass Design
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

Jason, on page 37 of your catalog, it does not appear that there is actually an O-ring on the TiRant endcap- is there one on the disassemblable version?
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

copenhagen wrote:Jason, on page 37 of your catalog, it does not appear that there is actually an O-ring on the TiRant endcap- is there one on the disassemblable version?
That was a pre-production one that i used for the photo because that had to be printed last year.

The 2011 TakeApart Ti-RANTs have an o-ring on the endcap to prevent loosening.
Kick Ass Design
fugitive

Post by fugitive »

I am speaking from experience and hope AAC backs me up. 9mm cans don't need much cleaning. In fact unless you are shooting lead pretty much zero. The piston yes, but what we all shoot 147-158 copper plated stuff blows out anything in there. Yes we need .22 cans we can clean, but 9 and 45 not so much. Now if they say get a contract with the NAVY and they request it or not, I am positive AAC will make a model they can clean. That guy with the rusted TIRANT is a liar. Mine sat in beer for 4 days and did not rust. I had it roll off my seat and into a pan that held a keg of home brew. I took it apart and it smelled like beer but no rust. I work with metal and knowing a little about it, the story does not hold water. Pun intended.
BUSTING MY ASS TO SAVE YOURS.
SilentMike
Silent But Deadly

Post by SilentMike »

Several of you guys have mentioned that they would like to have the new front end cap that has an o-ring for your jailbroke, formerly sealed Ti-Rants. The tubes for the original sealed models have a counterbore in the front that is deep enough to accomodate the rim of the original, sealed front end cap plus a little tolerance. This counterbore is, unfortunately, not deep enough to accomodate the new end cap with o-ring. You might then ask if the counterbore could be deepened? This would be a dicey proposition, and could ultimately screw up (no pun intended) the front end cap threads in the registered tube. Like they say, hindsight is 20/20. If I had known we would some day make the K-Baffle Ti-Rant take-apart, I would have made the counterbore deeper :( .

Sorry guys.

Mike
Mike Smith
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

So, could a slightly shorter end-cap with O-Ring be machined for those with sealed Ti-Rants?
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

copenhagen wrote:So, could a slightly shorter end-cap with O-Ring be machined for those with sealed Ti-Rants?
Potentially
Kick Ass Design