NYS Gove Cuomo wants to legalize gay marriage in NY

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

CThomas
Silent But Deadly

NYS Gove Cuomo wants to legalize gay marriage in NY

Post by CThomas »

This POS wants to legalize gay marriage and it looks like alot of A hole republicans are on board, he needs just two more votes. He called it social justice.

I guess these idiot republicans someone how think it will translate into votes for them. When will they ever learn that gays and minorites will never vote for them no mater what they do.

Scary thing is there are some who are floating his name for president in 2016
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Re: NYS Gove Cumo wants to legalize GAY marriage in NY

Post by Blaubart »

Meh - I have no problem with it.

The less prohibitions placed upon citizens by the government the better.
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
Dark Tranquility
Elite Member

Re: NYS Gove Cuomo wants to legalize GAY marriage in NY

Post by Dark Tranquility »

Excellent; hopefully they can get that passed. More freedom is always a good thing.

Dan
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

I am honestly shocked that people think that passage of this would be a good thing.
So let the gays marry and have the same rights as married couples, then why not teach the little kiddies
in school about gay history as they are trying to do in CA, and why not teach kids about gay sex and all of that craps that goes with it.
Without question a slippery slope
:evil:
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

CThomas wrote:I am honestly shocked that people think that passage of this would be a good thing.
I'm shocked that people thought it wasn't a good idea for negros to use the same restroom as whites, or that women shouldn't be able to vote.

Before you say "But, that's different!" In reality, it isn't. You're allowing the government to limit what a person can do because you don't like something about them. Plain and simple.

"But... It degrades the institution of marriage!" Whatever... I base the value of my marriage on the relationship between me and my wife. This September will be 20 years. You know what degrades the value of marriage today? The fact that most Americans today have the sexual attention span of a chihuahua. "To have and to hold, till death do us part." Two years later, they have two kids together and they're both screwing someone else while filing for divorce...
CThomas wrote:...then why not teach the little kiddies in school about GAY history...
I've got no problem with this either. As long as they stick with the facts, what's wrong with teaching kids the truth?
CThomas wrote:...and why not teach kids about GAY sex and all of that craps that goes with it.
Again, no problem. As long as it's objective and useful, then why not? i.e. About the only thing that is objective and useful in this context would be "If you're going to do it, use protection. Because even though there's no pregnancy risk, there's still tons of other risks."

Hell, my daughter is in middle school in Montana and during sex ed, they taught them just about everything. As far as I know, they didn't have a block of instruction specifically on gay sex, but they did cover anal sex. They told them what it is, and of the risks, and that it shouldn't be considered "safe sex" without a condom.
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

Blaubart wrote "I'm shocked that people thought it wasn't a good idea for negros to use the same restroom as whites, or that women shouldn't be able to vote."
Please anything else you want to drag out of the closet and dust off :roll:

Gay marriage is ridiculous, no real issue with some type of civil union. The erosion of our social values and social norms is why we are so screwed today.

Are you a CA transplant into MT :wink:
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

It isn't about equal rights, this agenda is about forcing the word marriage into a definition that it isn't. If this weren't true, then when "civil unions" were offered, it would've been snapped up in a heartbeat. I'm sure gay people want equal protection under the law - sure - but they also want to be legitimate -- whatever that means. They believe that by labeling what they have a "marriage", that makes it so. But that just isn't the case.

How many black people do you know of that still play the victim card? There is a black president in the white house, clearly America doesn't have a problem voting for a black person. Therefore, that victim card is null and void... or at least should be.

How many programs on television ram gay-ass agenda down your throat? As a minority practice, its getting more than its percentage of air time, but its still not enough. Some gay people love to be a victim. Probably in the same way that some people smoke weed or drink under the age of 21 purely for rebellion. Its just bullshit, and nothing else.

Government should not recognize any marriage, it should only recognize a legal "significant other" for the sake of SS benefits and what not. Marriage is a religious institution, and it should stay there.

Do a thought experiment; imagine this was the case. You know full well you'd see gay people petitioning and protesting the church -- whichever one -- to get gay marriage recognized, and that proves it isn't about rights so much as its about legitimizing a lifestyle.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

CThomas wrote:...
GAY marriage is ridiculous, no real issue with some type of civil union. The erosion of our social values and social norms is why we are so screwed today.
The same social values that built this country on genocide and slavery?

Refusal to accept the beliefs of others is the same set of social values that flew planes into the WTC towers.

I see no problem with gay marriage, less chance of breeding new voters.

I could easily support this.
TROOPER wrote:...
Government should not recognize any marriage, it should only recognize a legal "significant other" for the sake of SS benefits and what not. Marriage is a religious institution, and it should stay there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

TROOPER wrote:How many black people do you know of that still play the victim card? There is a black president in the white house, clearly America doesn't have a problem voting for a black person. Therefore, that victim card is null and void... or at least should be.

How many programs on television ram gay-ass agenda down your throat? As a minority practice, its getting more than its percentage of air time, but its still not enough. Some GAY people love to be a victim. Probably in the same way that some people smoke weed or drink under the age of 21 purely for rebellion. Its just bullshit, and nothing else.
This is just one of the many reasons I think it's time to allow it. Once they have equal access to everything that straight couples have, then their victim card will be null and void too.

"Help! Help! I'm being reprethed!"

"No you're not!"

"Oh yeah... I forgot. :oops: "
TROOPER wrote:Government should not recognize any marriage, it should only recognize a legal "significant other" for the sake of SS benefits and what not. Marriage is a religious institution, and it should stay there.
I disagree. Marriage is not a religious institution. Getting married in a church by a minister is a religious thing, but marriage as a whole is not.

Maybe murder is only a religious crime, since religious texts were the first place I know of that spelled out that it is expressly forbidden. Perhaps the government doesn't have any place in telling me that I can't murder someone. Since I'm not a religious person, I'm not bound by their rules either. Muhahahahahaha! It's time for a crime spree!
TROOPER wrote:Do a thought experiment; imagine this was the case. You know full well you'd see GAY people petitioning and protesting the church -- whichever one -- to get GAY marriage recognized, and that proves it isn't about rights so much as its about legitimizing a lifestyle.
...and? Does this somehow make it wrong?
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

No, it doesn't make it wrong that they'd petition a Baptist or Catholic church to have gay marriage recognized, but it does illustrate that it isn't about 'rights' as much as it is about effecting a social change as opposed to simply a legal one. My beef is that they want to use the law to work their social agenda. Like I said, if it were purely for equal rights, then civil unions would be the exact answer, and no other questions would be necessary.

I also think that allowing gay marriage for the sake of yanking someone's victim card is a failed idea. In pointing out how some black people claim racism as the universal obstacle in spite of a black president that should have been clear. Furthermore, it should have showed that not only should that race-victim card be nullified, but that it obviously isn't -- and that any white person that voted for Obama SOLELY out of guilt will have failed in their effort. Much in the same way that Republicans going along on a typically liberal bill might do so to 'make political bridges' will ultimately fail -- Liberals hate, its what they do, and it isn't based in logic. People who love to be 'different' and 'victims' aren't doing it out of logic, and destroying their claimed basis for being so doesn't make it not so.

We won't agree about the marriage, because it looks to me like the vows are inherently religious, even if they are fundamentally non-denominational, and I don't think its a judge's, or a justice-of-the-peace's place to tell me, "In sickness and in health..." or anything like that. As far as the government is concerned, it should be whichever two social security numbers voluntarily pair together for the sake of census and survivor benefits etc. We should all be "civil unions" to the government, and all just numbers. I know that sounds ass-backwards, but checking boxes that label gender and race are distasteful to me -- if we're all truly equal under the law, then what difference does my skin color and gender even matter?

In staying on topic, my assertion is that gay's getting the right of marriage is a means-to-an-end, and not the end itself. I believe their goal is to get legally married, then get socially recognized as such, and then be free of guilt/judgement/whatever. That's pure opinion, and I've got nothing to base that on.
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

doubloon please say it isn't so "The same social values that built this country on genocide and slavery?"
Of all the people here I would have never thought I would read that from you.
This is the verbage we hear from the anti american progressive liberals.
However we started we are here and without our history we would not be here.