Four month wait?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

john1969

Four month wait?

Post by john1969 »

ATF has cashed my check. My NFA dealer says four months wait. What else, besides standard 'instant check' goes on that takes so long?
Boston's Gun Bible...Javelin Press
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Four month wait?

Post by GoingQuiet »

It is not a standard instant check. It is an FBI background check, plus you have to wait in line as there are thousands of forms ahead of you in line.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

It's the voodoo....you really must never speak of it :shock:
Dogtired
Silent Operator

Post by Dogtired »

I am at the squirmy stage where I know it will be here any day (or week). It is more unpleasant when you get here...
john1969

Post by john1969 »

Still waiting!!!!!! Since JULY!!!!!! Should I be concerned yet?
Boston's Gun Bible...Javelin Press
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Four months if your lucky right now. I have 1 at 5 months pending and another at 6 months 2 weeks pending.
greytamer

Post by greytamer »

The number of forms submitted has risen significantly over the past 2-3 yrs. Couple that with a reduction in work force and the wait times just keep growing. I waited about 10 months last year.
btb601
Silent But Deadly

Post by btb601 »

greytamer wrote:The number of forms submitted has risen significantly over the past 2-3 yrs. Couple that with a reduction in work force and the wait times just keep growing. I waited about 10 months last year.
That's not what I want to hear. I am 151 days from pending as of today.
Not so bad since I never owned or shot anything NFA since the Army days. But now I want my stuff. Was thinking of getting another or two silencers, but I'm not to sure if I want to play this game again.
doubleajaybrock
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubleajaybrock »

5 months if your lucky! :(
-Form 1 SBR AR
-AAC Ti-rant 45
-Silencerco 22 Sparrow
-AAC 762 SDN-6
Bargsbeer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bargsbeer »

Im at 5 months. I talked to my examiner last week
He thinks it will be another 4 weeks. I know my examiner Albert Lamberger has 1000 Form 4s to approve for Florida. Which is a lot for one person.
I used the evil Quicken Will maker..... And my form 4 was approved
jta

Post by jta »

I need to stop reading these post.
:cry:
US Ranger

Post by US Ranger »

My Form 4 went pending July 21. It was mailed on Dec 6th.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand upon. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.
Bargsbeer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bargsbeer »

I remember when I did my EVO9 back 2006. It took 35 days mailbox to.mailbox.
I used the evil Quicken Will maker..... And my form 4 was approved
Stout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stout »

One of mine was approved today. Mailed July 25, pending on Aug 10, approved Jan 9. Five months from the pending date.
RTL

Post by RTL »

Stout wrote:One of mine was approved today. Mailed July 25, pending on Aug 10, approved Jan 9. Five months from the pending date.
Holy @#$%^ Batman! Mine went pending on August 30. I'm getting close !!!
Thanks,
RTL
Greg Kulbick
Silent But Deadly

Post by Greg Kulbick »

Just had a customer's form 4 show up today, right about five months mailbox to mailbox.
www.renegade-armament.com
01 FFL/03 SOT
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

My last one was 5 months from pending, before this it was 3.

I don't buy the excuses, they are government workers who pace with snails. There are a few that actually work hard (3?) but it is hard to fire a slow useless government worker these days. :cry:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

You know I see post after post on the WAIT! REALLY!!! what are you going to do about it? I recently sat down with a BTAF agent for 4 hours and ask her WHY so long. And her reply was simple YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT!!!!!!! that simple!!! You buying a class 3 weapon in not on there top priority. The examiner in not there for just YOU they have a pile of paper work a mile high that not only includes class3. I am tired of seeing the posts of people saying they are just undereducated fools. I personally got to talk to a couple and they are should I say are average in the scale of education. They don't make much money and there benefits and health insurance SUCK. So I personally have a different outlook on these people that are approving our forms and I think we should just WAIT as long as it takes.
This is just my opinion and I understand that we all want our cool toys yesterday so do I but I have come to the realization that I will get it when I get it. Hope this makes you feel better.

And I'm sure the dealers love getting the calls every couple of weeks IS IN YET???? LOL
ScorpioMk

Post by ScorpioMk »

They should be the ones begging for more help, and asking why when the amount of 200 dollar checks goes up the amount of workers goes down.
JNalley

Post by JNalley »

Well can I just say this thread is depressing! I'm going to purchase my first can this weekend and looks like i'm in for a long haul.
Speed-Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Speed-Racer »

Form 4 6 months and still pending as of today :evil:
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

...Jesus Christ and the American G. I.

...One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

Or here is a more zen-ish approach to waiting. Forget you have purchased the item in the first place, REALLY TRY it takes weeks of meditation. Then once your brain has forgotten you have purchased the item time goes by much more quickly. Then when it comes in it's like a weight has been lifted from your mind. And you will have bliss. :lol:
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

To ScorpioMk Do you honestly think that in the current state of the country or current state of leadership will simply put more workers in a place they see as WRONG in the first place HAHAHAHa that is truly funny!!!! And the 200 is CHEAP compared to what it could be at this time. Calculate the inflation over the years and add that to what the 200 could truly be and might be in the future. I would count us all lucky that it has NOT changed. I believe we should all be happy that we can have what we can have at this point in coming months I fear that this will NOT be the case.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

ScorpioMk wrote:They should be the ones begging for more help, and asking why when the amount of 200 dollar checks goes up the amount of workers goes down.
That's the only correct answer here.

Referencing an earlier post.... an examiner with 1,000 applications from Florida alone. So.. that's $200,000 worth of work. I know full well the examiner doesn't get a portion of that money, but its fucking stupid for an agency to say they lack the funding and man-power to process literally millions of dollars of income per year.

That'd be like me taking too long because I have so much money, I just can't count it all by myself.
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

See the problem here is you are trying to rationalize WHERE the money is going and where it is being used, as to getting YOUR paperwork done. HA! NO ONE GIVES A s--t that was my point. They will continue to take the time they have to do the work and with the people they have while the money goes to fund what ever they want it to I.E. Golf outings , dinners, cars. Whatever!