Anyone use heavier buffers in their suppressed EMC's?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Anyone use heavier buffers in their suppressed EMC's?

Post by Tom12.7 »

Has anyone tried heavier buffers in their suppressed EMC's?
I tried a Colt H3 buffer in 2 of them without any malfunctions at all yet suppressed. It feels like it cycles softer than the stock buffer (H2 weight?). Without the silencer and the heavier buffer installed it won't hold the bolt back reliably on an empty magazine with lighter loads though, especially cold and fouled. I wouldn't use the heavier buffer if there was a chance I would remove the silencer. The rifles function flawlessly with the stock buffer both with and without the silencer. It just seemed to feel smoother suppressed with the H3 buffer.
Does anybody have any feed back on this?
Thanks,
Tom
Teufelhunden
Silent But Deadly

Re: Anyone use heavier buffers in their suppressed EMC's?

Post by Teufelhunden »

No experience here with this combo.

However, I am curious to know which FH/Brake and Can you are running with your EMC??

Thanks
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tom12.7 »

I've been running these on the guns with the regular flash hider and the shortened version of the M110 can that's been available for about a year now. Though honestly, I've been only using them since last November. It doesn't add much OAL, is spooky quiet, and doesn't blow crap in my face. Only one of my own has use, the other is NIB for sale. I'm really curious as to how the new compact silencer and MAMS compare to this, I'll find out when I can do a side by side comparison. Long ago I gave up on making judgements on silencers based on what I read on paper, the real world has too many variables and you got to compare them back to back in person.
Tom
gyz
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gyz »

I've only been using the stock buffer for suppressed and non suppressed shooting, GYZ
MichaelVain
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MichaelVain »

I use the standard buffer with no issues.
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tom12.7 »

I had zero issues with the stock buffer. I already had an extra Colt H3 and decided to try it out with the can. It seemed to feel softer to me and have been doing it for a while, so I decided to post the question. Just curious if anyone else has tried it.
Tom
post tensioned
Silent But Deadly

Post by post tensioned »

Tom12.7 wrote:I had zero issues with the stock buffer. I already had an extra Colt H3 and decided to try it out with the can. It seemed to feel softer to me and have been doing it for a while, so I decided to post the question. Just curious if anyone else has tried it.
Tom
Well, as soon as I get my suppressor on my gun I usually do this kind of experimenting; see how soft I can get the gun to shoot and still be reliable. Right now I have a AAC 762SD N6 being transferred, but no way to mount it as of yet. I will probably get the KAC 762QD CQB when it hits the market, though.
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tom12.7 »

I have a 762 SDN-6 on the way also, too bad there's no .750" AAC muzzle attachment. I'm definitely getting the new MAMS and the compact silencer ASAP.
I'm really curious about how the rifles OAL would compare and how the "blast in my face" compares between the old can and the new one?
I say this because in my experience, a lot of times DI guns have had more of the "blast back" with reduced volume silencers than larger volume silencers. The more they blast, the more they foul the upper also.
Tom
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

3/4-24 AAC

Just saying...

Now granted this came from an Army event we did with SF and AAC, but they have built them.
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com
post tensioned
Silent But Deadly

Post by post tensioned »

KevinB wrote:3/4-24 AAC

Just saying...

Now granted this came from an Army event we did with SF and AAC, but they have built them.
Now your just rubbing it in.

I know they have made them, but they won't sell me one, and so far I haven't been able to find a source for one. I figured there is a large pile of them in a room next to all the SR-25 URX III's that have been made which I also can't get.
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

Casey was supposed to call you about that...
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com