Who here has TAD gear?

Tactical gear.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Who here has TAD gear?

Post by Fireman1291 »

I've been eyeing the ranger hoodie for winter down here. The reason I haven't bought TAD is ,well, it's expensive. I realize you get what you pay for so I'm looking for some reviews to push me over the edge.

I'll mainly be using it for wearing at the range when its cold and rainy. I like the fact that it's slim and not bulky so it wont get in the way. Something that's important to me when I'm shooting. So, what say you?
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
post tensioned
Silent But Deadly

Re: Who here has TAD gear?

Post by post tensioned »

TAD makes good gear; I have a few friends that wear their jackets or hoodies for shooting comps and they like them. I personally prefer Arc'teyrx LEAF stuff, but I wouldn't feel bad in the TAD.
JohnnyO
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyO »

I have the Stealth soft shell jacket as well as a Ranger LT fleece hoodie (both made in USA) and love them. I wear the hoodie to the range and around the house all the time, you will not be disappointed.
I also have a bunch of Arc'teyrx stuff and rank the quality of the TAD gear stuff right up there.
Citrusdude

Post by Citrusdude »

Ditto TAD = Arc'teryx. Both worth the money. I have a TAD hoodie (Camo softshell, but don't know model) if you want to come by Lakeland to check it out.
Steve
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Sounds good. I'm going to order the hoodie shortly. A big reason why is the high chest pockets. From what ive seen they allow access into your chest area. So I could have this http://sgcusa.com/us-palm/armor/us-palm ... r15-1.html underneath and have quick access to the mags.

I can't stand the LOOK AT ME attitude when people select gear for a SHTF situation. We aren't in a conflict so if we have a isolated event the those all tact'd out will be targets of those in control. I'd rather wear jeans, hoodie if it's cold and have that carrier on underneath with my sbr in a backpack. And a glock in a CCH on my hip. I'd rather look like a sheep, but bite like a wolf. Odds are I'd last longer. Just sayin :wink:
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
JohnRichardson
Silent Operator

Post by JohnRichardson »

I love TAD Gear. Somewhat expensive, but made in the US of A and you get what you pay for. We all know quality equipment is an investment, and one $300 TAD jacket will outlast twenty $60 knockoffs.

Excellent customer service, excellent product, excellent everything. I have several jackets and pants, hats, shirts, you name it. No

I wear my black Ranger Hoodie daily - keeps me warm and comfortable down to about 28* while active (although after spending 4 years in the Army in the middle of Alaska, I have a high tolerance to cold). Sheds water extremely well, also. Not one thread has frayed from this jacket in almost a year of owning it.
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

I just got the Ranger Hoodie because winter is coming up. It's warm and fits me excellently. It's a great insulator/mid layer too. I use an Arc'Teryx Combat Jacket over the Ranger Hoodie when needed.
Syntax360
Silent But Deadly

Post by Syntax360 »

JohnRichardson wrote:I love TAD Gear. Somewhat expensive, but made in the US of A and you get what you pay for.
No it's not, at least not all of it... There has been quite a controversy in recent years about a good number of their products being made in China (prices remained static). I have one of their hoodies - it is nice, but I'm not convinced it was worth what I paid. At TAD had their credit card database swiped a couple months after I made my purchase, so I got nice parting gift after my purchase of having to deal with my bank to get a new card.

They do make some nice stuff, but due to the fact that they outsource a lot of their stuff now, they are perpetually out of stock on nearly everything, and my personal less-than-stellar experience with their customer service, I would stick to Arc'teryx.
JohnRichardson
Silent Operator

Post by JohnRichardson »

Really? Strange. All my jackets, pants and shirts say 'Made in USA' and the shirts have the coordinates to what I assume is the shop. Maybe they import the materials and then assemble in-house?

I do remember the credit card fiasco.

I have a lot of Arc'teryx stuff, also. They're kind of pissing me off, as of late, because everything on the LEAF site is out of stock. I guess beggars can't be choosers ;)
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire
bigdog2003_99
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigdog2003_99 »

i have a Spectre that says made in china, and my stealth is also made overseas, that being said, both of my tad gear hoodies are great. my stealth goes to the range with me every time for over 2 years and shows no wear whatsoever
commissar_yarrick
Silent But Deadly

Post by commissar_yarrick »

I got a Shag-Master in December of last year, and just bought a Ranger hoodie early this month. I like both of them quite a bit and am planning on getting a Spectre or Stealth next.
Winter Is Coming.
sevin8nin

Post by sevin8nin »

Fireman1291 wrote:Sounds good. I'm going to order the hoodie shortly. A big reason why is the high chest pockets. From what ive seen they allow access into your chest area. So I could have this http://sgcusa.com/us-palm/armor/us-palm ... r15-1.html underneath and have quick access to the mags.

I can't stand the LOOK AT ME attitude when people select gear for a SHTF situation. We aren't in a conflict so if we have a isolated event the those all tact'd out will be targets of those in control. I'd rather wear jeans, hoodie if it's cold and have that carrier on underneath with my sbr in a backpack. And a glock in a CCH on my hip. I'd rather look like a sheep, but bite like a wolf. Odds are I'd last longer. Just sayin :wink:
Incorrect. The chest zips are pockets, not pass-throughs to the chest. Theyre designed that way so that if you have a waist belt on for a pack you still have access to your pockets. Alot of the big namr jacket manufacturers do this.

I own alot of TAD gear stuff but have been gradually gravitating towards more arcteryx stuff as i like the fit more. All of TADs stuff now is like extra medium athletic fit and it makes it impossible to CCW without everyone seeing what brand gun you're carrying through your jacket.
As for the made in USA thing, it depends on the garment. I have 6 jackets from TAD gear and 3 of them are made in the USA.
I dont think any of my arcteryx jackets are made here, but then again neither or any of TAD's technical shells.