Where to buy 147g by the case.

Ammunition Discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Dieselgeek

Where to buy 147g by the case.

Post by Dieselgeek »

I just called M-M and they said they no longer carry the "special k" 147g subsonic ammo. They said Alabama ammo just quit answering the phone. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ryan
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Re: Where to buy 147g by the case.

Post by Wahnsinn »

You only looking for the special k or will any 147s do?
CrazyDoc
Silent But Deadly

Post by CrazyDoc »

http://www.SGAmmo.com

Best place I've found for any ammo! I just ordered over 1k rounds.

Toole
"If hooking a cat up to a car battery will help cure cancer, I have one thing to tell you. Red is positive and black is negative.

I will say no more."
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

Ammoman usually has some decent deals too (and all prices are delivered).
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

CrazyDoc wrote:http://www.SGAmmo.com

Toole
If you ordered the 147 gr Winchester super -X it is the BEB super unleaded ammo and that ammo will sandblast your baffles!... DON'T USE IT IN A SILENCER! 1000 rounds will eat about 1/3 the way through your AL baffles.

Search this site and look at the pics.

I just paid a fortune to rebuild and replace my fubared up baffles. All caused by using this ammo.

Be forewarned. Unless you have all SS baffles and no AL proceed with caution.

I have Piles of this stuff I won't shoot with my Evo-9 or TiRant.. I only use my Mystic for this ammo.

Georgia Canned Heat 147 gr is the alternative.

They should Sticky the thread about this ammo.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
CrazyDoc
Silent But Deadly

Post by CrazyDoc »

Holy bat s--t! Thats good to know now!(I got some .40 and 5.56 this time) Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on http://www.sgammo.com/product/wincheste ... sonic-ammo < that for my next order. Is it safe, or a no-go aswell?

Toole
"If hooking a cat up to a car battery will help cure cancer, I have one thing to tell you. Red is positive and black is negative.

I will say no more."
rjrivero
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rjrivero »

I can't get the SG ammo link on my work computer. It triggers a spyware warning.

I got a case of American Eagle for $230 shipped.
http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-661-fe ... ition.aspx
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

CrazyDoc wrote:Holy bat s--t! Thats good to know now!(I got some .40 and 5.56 this time) Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on http://www.sgammo.com/product/wincheste ... sonic-ammo < that for my next order. Is it safe, or a no-go aswell?

Toole

The RANGER is OK It;s the "Super Unleaded" X9MMSU2 in the silver box that is the offender.
lobo56
Silent But Deadly

Post by lobo56 »

JohnInNH wrote:
CrazyDoc wrote:http://www.SGAmmo.com

Toole
If you ordered the 147 gr Winchester super -X it is the BEB super unleaded ammo and that ammo will sandblast your baffles!... DON'T USE IT IN A SILENCER! 1000 rounds will eat about 1/3 the way through your AL baffles.

Search this site and look at the pics.

I just paid a fortune to rebuild and replace my fubared up baffles. All caused by using this ammo.

Be forewarned. Unless you have all SS baffles and no AL proceed with caution.

I have Piles of this stuff I won't shoot with my Evo-9 or TiRant.. I only use my Mystic for this ammo.

Georgia Canned Heat 147 gr is the alternative.

They should Sticky the thread about this ammo.

Man..that is good to know. I have 1k sitting in the garage. Haven't shot that much yet! Thank God! What about a Trident 9, don't they have SS first baffles?
It takes 32 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, but only 3 for a proper trigger pull.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

I wish Matt had taken pictures of my old baffles. My Blast baffle in my Evo-9 was a Steel baffle.. it was fine.. My second, third and forth baffles were eroded pretty badly.

The Super Unleaded should only be used in an all Steel core. Octane HD, Mystic, or the like. (IMHO)

It;s fantastic ammo clean etc .. but it is FAR from silencer friendly.. It's like sandblasting your baffles.

It's due to the hard gritty unburnt powder smashing into your baffles at the high speeds of the gas flow. I was shocked at the look of my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th baffles when I looked at them closely.

Re-cored now.. but now I have 4K of this stuff. (I will use it in my full auto upper when I get it.. and with my mystic P-226 combination.

I wonder if AAC will replace take apart eroded TiRant baffles and at what cost?
lobo56
Silent But Deadly

Post by lobo56 »

Remember this post?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48041

This is why I went ahead a bought a case!!

:oops:
It takes 32 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, but only 3 for a proper trigger pull.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

lobo56 wrote:Remember this post?

That post was back in 2009 when I first got the ammo and was so impressed by it. (Still am for some applications), but later I and others discovered the erosion issue with it.

I really think silencer companies should put a warning about using this ammo in the print media when you get it.... we should sticky some sort of warning here on the forum. It would save many people money and may prevent them from damaging their silencers.

It may be a liability issue for the board? I don't know. But I am a little supprised it's not.
lobo56
Silent But Deadly

Post by lobo56 »

JohnInNH wrote:
lobo56 wrote:Remember this post?

That post was back in 2009 when I first got the ammo and was so impressed by it. (Still am for some applications), but later I and others discovered the erosion issue with it.

I really think silencer companies should put a warning about using this ammo in the print media when you get it.... we should sticky some sort of warning here on the forum. It would save many people money and may prevent them from damaging their silencers.

It may be a liability issue for the board? I don't know. But I am a little supprised it's not.
I agree. Guess I will just shoot mine unsuppressed. Target practice!! :roll: