Don't forget the barbed wire.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

bakerjw
Elite Member

Don't forget the barbed wire.

Post by bakerjw »

Depending where you live, you might not be able to set up a good defensive perimeter for a SHTF situation. If you can swing it though, a good barbed wire perimeter is a sure way to advise those that would do you harm that you are a hardened target. I'm not saying that you should have one up all the time, but you should have a plan in place.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Re: Don't forget the barbed wire.

Post by Blaubart »

If I had the storage space for it, I'd buy enough concertina wire to string a triple strand barrier around my house.

Nothing says "don't F--k with me" quite as eloquently as properly staked down triple strand concertina wire. :lol:
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

Blaubart wrote:If I had the storage space for it, I'd buy enough concertina wire to string a triple strand barrier around my house.

Nothing says "don't F--k with me" quite as eloquently as properly staked down triple strand concertina wire. :lol:
Nothing?

What about heads on poles? :twisted:
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

Davo5o wrote:Nothing?

What about heads on poles? :twisted:
:lol:

Put those heads on the poles you used to stake the concertina in place and you got a deterrent!
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
Crosshair
Silent But Deadly

Post by Crosshair »

Local jail has razor wire around their rec area that they are thinking of getting rid of because they only house the low risk inmates. I've told them to just advertize free razor wire on Craigslist and it will be gone in an afternoon.
Blaubart wrote:If I had the storage space for it, I'd buy enough concertina wire to string a triple strand barrier around my house.

It also says, "Dis asshole has s--t worth stealing, camp out and blow his head off with a deer rifle, then loot his place."

Just says that sometimes it is better to blend in than stick out. During a riot the wire could be a good idea. During a prolonged economic crisis where one still has to go to work, not so much.
"I'm not afraid of dying. I's HOW I die that I'm concerned about." - Crosshair

"Beware the man with one gun. He probably doesn't know how to use it."
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Crosshair wrote: Just says that sometimes it is better to blend in than stick out. During a riot the wire could be a good idea. During a prolonged economic crisis where one still has to go to work, not so much.
Maybe have some to offer to put around that annoying neighbor down the block for his protection? :twisted:
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Makes for great trip wire in your over grown grass.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

I know where you're coming from Crosshair, but if it gets to the point where we have to put up barbed wire as a deterrent, then we'll certainly be laying low and keeping a daily watch.

Barbed wire can also be rigged to make a pretty effective catch fence in main doorways in the interior of a house. Imagine someone barging through after kicking in the front door only to find themselves caught up in several strands of barbed wire. A 5 to 10 second delay can be a lifesaver.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
starlingstalker
Silent But Deadly

Post by starlingstalker »

bakerjw wrote:I know where you're coming from Crosshair, but if it gets to the point where we have to put up barbed wire as a deterrent, then we'll certainly be laying low and keeping a daily watch.

Barbed wire can also be rigged to make a pretty effective catch fence in main doorways in the interior of a house. Imagine someone barging through after kicking in the front door only to find themselves caught up in several strands of barbed wire. A 5 to 10 second delay can be a lifesaver.
Eagle Claw treble hooks on Spiderwire or clear monofilament at eye or crotch level would really dig into clothes or that super tough ballistic nylon and string up those door crashers in a pinch. Especially if they don't know where or WHEN they are fixing to become literal fish on a string with possible limited mobility. Mostly hard to get a bead simultaneously trying to dig out a buried hook right where it counts bcuz a perp stopped at near a dead run performing a "dynamic entry". Home invasions could become very hazardous. More interested in FINDING a knife to cut themselves loose than getting a bead. Advantage, mine. OK, double-tap.:mrgreen:
So, beware of doorways. The simple fish hook. Low tech, inexpensive and easy to implement and or remove in just a few minutes. A serious DELAYING defensive advantage,too. Barb wire not practical but a handful of needle sharp hooks hidden just for perps could get results. And You just might catch a fish- but NOT in the water. :lol:
starlingstalker :D
Ban weapons, not firearms!
It may ONLY be a dollar but its STILL a Sux Tax!
Pssst, so let's change this infringing UNConstitutional Law!
nice shot
Silent But Deadly

Post by nice shot »

The small fish hooks with the barbs, on a 40-50 lb test at just above the ankle makes for a great trip wire. Shouldnt do much for determent but rig it to an alarm and theres no chance of them getting it off their pant leg in a huryy. . . thus sounding your alarm repeatedly.
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)
starlingstalker
Silent But Deadly

Post by starlingstalker »

nice shot wrote:The small fish hooks with the barbs, on a 40-50 lb test at just above the ankle makes for a great trip wire. Shouldnt do much for determent but rig it to an alarm and theres no chance of them getting it off their pant leg in a huryy. . . thus sounding your alarm repeatedly.
Mostly 4 or 6 lb. monofilament will set off ANY noisemaker or early intrusion low tech tin can alarm. As above, small treble hooks are a cussing handful especially wrapped up in that trip wire planted in an ankle. Also Spiderwire doubles/makes superb trip wire if there are deck screws strategically already in place. The mind is such a devious place...... :mrgreen:
starlingstalker :D
Ban weapons, not firearms!
It may ONLY be a dollar but its STILL a Sux Tax!
Pssst, so let's change this infringing UNConstitutional Law!