How to change the address on a trust

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

goteron
Silent But Deadly

How to change the address on a trust

Post by goteron »

I moved down the road a few hours and need to change the address on a trust? Can I just ammend the trust? Do I need to send notification past the 5320.20 to ATF?

Thanks
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Re: How to change the address on a trust

Post by Jt.kline19 »

goteron wrote:I moved down the road a few hours and need to change the address on a trust? Can I just ammend the trust? Do I need to send notification past the 5320.20 to ATF?

Thanks
When I moved to another state I just submitted a 5320.20 with address change. With the trust I just updated it to the new state, It really wasn't different the only thing that change was the city and state. Its pretty easy, not as hard as i thought it would be. BTW someone might tell you that you need to Amend your trust, but there wrong. Amending a trust is would be changing provisions in the trust such as adding or taking away a provision.
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

Thanks, so I can literally just change the address on it and call it a day?
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

goteron wrote:Thanks, so I can literally just change the address on it and call it a day?
If its an instate move then yes if it's out of state you need to update it to the new state and renotorize it
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
JohnDS
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnDS »

Most of the trusts I've seen allow for changes to the schedule A without needing notarization, but require notarization in the event of a change in the body of the trust.
scatmelee

Post by scatmelee »

same situation here.

do i have this correct?:
all one needs to do is update the address on the trust (if in state), the atf does NOT need to be notified of the change?
eeeninja

Post by eeeninja »

I'm in the same situation as well. So all I need to do is change the trust with my new address (in the same state), go to my dealer and purchase something shiny and new?

No amendment or extra notarization needed?