10/22 Integral

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

huckjare

10/22 Integral

Post by huckjare »

A few months back I saw some integrally suppressed 10/22's at a gun show and it has sparked my interests. I have been studying and reading since then and just thought I would get some advice from the experts. It is possible to make an integral from a standard contour barrel? I want it to stay lightweight to pack around hunting small criters. Thanks in advance.
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Re: 10/22 Integral

Post by Enfield577 »

Hi
yep I did one similar to what I did here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=87335 a while ago, it was a bit ammo sensitive but was OK on CCI subs.

See the previous thread for internal details but here are photos of the finished gun

Cheers
Of all the things I've lost it's my mind I miss the most
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

huck.....the 10/22's is a great weapon to make an integral with.
You can even find a practice barrel at your local gun shop for as low as $20.
They go for around $40 on Gunbroker and even more on Ebay.
I'm currently working on a 10/22 integral, hope to chop the barrel down
once my sbr paper work comes back.

enfield.....again, nice work.
I see you just cut or modified your barrel band, most guys just go without.
I'm planning on milling a new barrel band out of stainless as my tube is 1.25" OD.
Would love to find a shop with a water-jet to cut one out fast on the cheap.
Little concerned with my ss tube and internals just being supported by the
stock aluminum receiver.
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Post by Enfield577 »

twodollarbill wrote:huck.....the 10/22's is a great weapon to make an integral with.

I'm planning on milling a new barrel band out of stainless as my tube is 1.25" OD.
stock aluminum receiver.
I made the tube out of 1" o/d Aluminium with an 0.080" wall, it does not need to be stainless and this size with Ks is really quiet

The barrel band is just for cosmetics, you can see the extra screw wher it screws into the wood
wolf
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolf »

twodollarbill wrote:huck.....the 10/22's is a great weapon to make an integral with.

stock aluminum receiver.

You could make a ring that goes around the can , and have a inside threaded stup going into the stock , then a screw comming up through the stock into the threaded stup

not as pretty as a barrel band , but strong

or make a stup dirctely on the can + screw up through the stock
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

enfield......I've made a few with 1" tube and they are quiet.
Just had this 1.25 SS laying around and wanted to do a bigger one this time.

Wolf.....That's sounds like it would be easier to do.
Years ago I had a 10/22 slide down the bench and hit the floor flat.
The receiver broke at the barrel. It's just with the extra weight supporting
it anyway possible can only help.
liquidrush

Post by liquidrush »

The new bands are plastic. Careful work with a dremel and a 1/2" sanding drum and you can open them up sufficiently for a 1" tube. Looks great like that and you don't have that "looks like something's missing" front end.
huckjare

Post by huckjare »

So I have a few questons. What length of threading do i need, or what is the noraml length? And the big one that I see with the factory barrel is the taper and where it actually is attached to the action. How do i go about making baffels and attaching the tube with the style of attachment that Ruger uses?
Enfield577 wrote:Hi
yep I did one similar to what I did here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=87335 a while ago, it was a bit ammo sensitive but was OK on CCI subs.

See the previous thread for internal details but here are photos of the finished gun

Cheers
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Post by Enfield577 »

huckjare wrote:So I have a few questons. What length of threading do i need, or what is the noraml length? And the big one that I see with the factory barrel is the taper and where it actually is attached to the action. How do i go about making baffels and attaching the tube with the style of attachment that Ruger uses?

Cheers
Try to remember what I did now, it would have been something like this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=87335 but instead of the bush pressed on right up to the action I think I made a parrallel bush that is pressed (or shrunk fit) onto the barrell say 3" forward of the action so that the tube is a good slide fit over this. As to threads i don't understand, I would have just put a small retaining screw through the outer tube to secure.

I will try to do a sketch and scan it on to here later

As for the baffles, check out my old posts, I did step by step guide (and so did another guy) on here

Cheers
PaulNoiseLess
Silent But Deadly

Post by PaulNoiseLess »

Hi,

I like Ruger 10/22. As far as i remember, i should have (somewhere in the actual mess) an easy, clean and beautiful way to convert a standard Barrel into a 1 inch OD Integral Suppressor just moding the stock: From the receiver end to the end of the Barrel, sizing Barrel at your own. All you need is a muzzle threaded Barrel and some more room to host a good punch ok K’s. That’s all.

I’ll try to find it. I’m curious now.

Best,

Paul
The future is not waiting for us, it is waiting within us ...
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

With the advancement of current .22 suppressors, what benefit does an integral offer except a shorter OAL.
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Post by Enfield577 »

Enfield577 wrote:
huckjare wrote:So I have a few questons. What length of threading do i need, or what is the noraml length? And the big one that I see with the factory barrel is the taper and where it actually is attached to the action. How do i go about making baffels and attaching the tube with the style of attachment that Ruger uses?

Cheers
Try to remember what I did now, it would have been something like this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=87335 but instead of the bush pressed on right up to the action I think I made a parrallel bush that is pressed (or shrunk fit) onto the barrell say 3" forward of the action so that the tube is a good slide fit over this. As to threads i don't understand, I would have just put a small retaining screw through the outer tube to secure.

I will try to do a sketch and scan it on to here later

As for the baffles, check out my old posts, I did step by step guide (and so did another guy) on here

Cheers

Here I hope the sketch helps

huckjare

Post by huckjare »

ya that helps to clear it up. And as far as porting the barrel it looks like it just has two holes about half way down the barrel. Is that is?
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Post by Enfield577 »

huckjare wrote:ya that helps to clear it up. And as far as porting the barrel it looks like it just has two holes about half way down the barrel. Is that is?
No holes in the barrel, i cut it down to about 14" long

Run on subs and don't mess around with porting, the ports only get clocked with lead anyway

Cheers