Idiots on the internet

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

dtemple

Idiots on the internet

Post by dtemple »

So, i recently put a Walther P22 for sale on Craigslist, which they obviously don't appreciate, as that is a "prohibited item."...they can fine me the prescribed $100 fine if they want to...

Usually people just flag your ad and it comes off, but these guys chose to open their mouths (in writing) and fill the world with their non-sensical ideas. I just had to complain somewhere and figured this to be an appropriate place.

Below is the chain of posts from Craigslist/odessamidland/sporting goods: (its still on there right now on todays ads)

RE:Walther P22 Threaded PISTOL 22 CAL PROHIBITED SALES - $375 (midland)
Gee, I guess this guy cannot read FIREARMS SALES ARE PROHIBITED ON CRAIGSLIST. THIS 22 CALIBER GUN SOUNDS LIKE IT SHOULD BE A MAFIA GUN, THREADED.....DOES HE SELL A SILENCER FOR IT TOO?? I GUESS IF YOU HAD THIS PISTOL AND THE SILENCER FOR YOUR "HOME PROTECTION", YOU WOULD NOT BOTHER YOUR NEIGHBORS WHEN YOU SHOOT YOUR BURGULARS.

RE:THREADED WALTHER P22 - $375
We responded just to get his address and IP... He knows its wrong and irresponsable selling a pistol on CL..Gets in the wrong hands and no telling what would happen we have enough Pistols on the Streets and in the Hands of Dope dealers or wanna be dope dealers....His ASS is the ATF's now

RE:THREADED WALTHER P22 - $1 (midland) (my response)
1. its is perfectly legal for a private party to sell a firearm to anyone who is not a Minor or a Felon
2. suppressors are 100% legal in TX, assuming you have the correct tax stamp from the ATF. Just go to the gun range on Saturday, and you WILL see at least one legal suppressor. I shoot regularly with a legal suppressor, as it is much more comfortable for me and those around me.
3. craigslist charges a $100 fine for posting prohibited items. If someone wants to post a prohibited item and pay the fine, what business is that of yours?
4. what kind of mafia retard would use a 22 pistol?

RE: Walther - $1
Date: 2012-05-09, 1:30PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

ads not by this site

Well lets see here.....Now that we have been informed..By a MORON!
#1 Yes its legal if you have it assigned by a FFL..The gun itself is you do a background check..and have 3 Notarized Witness Documents...The Suppressor is not...

#2 The Ad in question does not have any mention of Correct Tax stamp..which is BS.Not a Tax at all... It is issued and non-transferrable..They are legal as long as they are registered with the BATFE. You can buy one that's already registered from a class 3 dealer or individual by transferring it through a class 3 dealer on a BATFE Form 4. The registration costs $200 plus whatever the dealer charges, usually $50-$75.

#3 If its a fine it means that it is NOT ALLOWED! DUH! So that would mean he or she will take 275 if he/she hasnt been fined yet..Right? 100 bucks for CL and 100 grand for Lawyer fees when the feds pick you up for weapons charges..and about 10 years in Federal Prison

#4 Mafia DO USE the 22LR as it is effective in close contact with least amount of noise.. suggest you not call a Mafia Dude a retard..You might find yourself at the Morgue or Proctoligist getting your Suppressed weapon removed!

#5 IM STAYING AWAY FROM THE DUMBASS WITH THE SUPPRESSOR AT THE GUN RANGE! !!!!!! Just shows you DONT know what your talking about!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
1. its is perfectly legal for a private party to sell a firearm to anyone who is not a Minor or a Felon
2. suppressors are 100% legal in TX, assuming you have the correct tax stamp from the ATF. Just go to the gun range on Saturday, and you WILL see at least one legal suppressor. I shoot regularly with a legal suppressor, as it is much more comfortable for me and those around me.
3. craigslist charges a $100 fine for posting prohibited items. If someone wants to post a prohibited item and pay the fine, what business is that of yours?
4. what kind of mafia retard would use a 22 pistol?

WHAT A DUMBASS!!!!

Walther - $1 (midland)(my response)
If you want to argue, email me and let me buy you lunch or something...I don't like arguing on the internet.

Sorry to everyone that had to read this. If anyone is interested in a suppressor, check out this website to learn how it can be legal, and consult your attorney with any questions:

http://www.silencerco.com/downloads/Sil ... -Legal.pdf

...and FYI....I was not selling a suppressor, though it CAN be done legally through the proper channels (ATF).
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Re: Idiots on the internet

Post by gunningbadger »

You can't educate everyone. Some people are beyond hope and don't even want to learn.
dtemple

Post by dtemple »

This guy is still going too(he thinks i removed his post)

"RE: WALTHER MORON
How much did it cost your Boss for you to set there and Flag my Post? I can say things just as YOU MORON..Come by and take me to Lunch we'll talk about it! Post another link so everyone can figure out how to read between the lines.You failed to post the ATF link AGAIN..WHYS THAT?....Your a MORON...I can go to all the shooting ranges and just watch to see who shoots a suppressed weapon..lets see I can count the ranges on um well maybe a finger or two..Again MORON.. not hard to find out who you are to say the least..."
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

He sounds like he's up for some net trash talkin. You should keep messing with him. Turn it into a full blown purse fight. Why not?
driver6814
Silent But Deadly

Post by driver6814 »

Sounds like you are having fun.
Tweek the dweeb, AND educate everyone else on the proper way to purchase NFA. (He will come off like a tard, if you stay professional)
Russian
Silent But Deadly

xx

Post by Russian »

xx
Last edited by Russian on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

How does Craigslist fine you $100?
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

tmix wrote:How does Craigslist fine you $100?

Damned good question. Where exactly is their power to levy fines flowing from? They collect a 'net tax' like the mob gets 'street tax' from criminals operating within their sphere? Break Craig's rules.... then....what? Do they send a geek over to collect? "Pay up or we'll put a worm in your computer!"