YHM Mite Rebuilds

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: YHM Mite Rebuilds

Post by Bendersquint »

LawBob wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
LawBob wrote:The author above could have been yhm, how would we know? He said "we decided to redo the Mite". Sounds like yhm to me, initially.
The avatar of XCaliber Firearms should have been a dead give away.

Like Renegade said, you have been here this long and don't know who John is?

Oh I didn't know this site was for experienced in the know power users only
Its not for power users at all. You been around enough that you should have known that XCaliber Firearms is NOT Yankee Hill Machine.
bwarner

Post by bwarner »

Spent 300.00 on purchasing the can to begin with.Plus the 200 for the stamp.Now another 300.0 to rebuild the can to drop 8-10 dbs.Thats why a have the paper in-process to buy a 22Sparrow.Wish I never would of bought the Mite,but there's no turning back now.I works but not worth another 300 bucks.
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

Eh, if i get Spectre level performance out of it and don't have to spend a week getting it open, can clean the baffles in the dip, and get a takedown tool It'll be worth the $250. I'm upgrading my Spectre too, and i love that can as it is.
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
TkFF

Post by TkFF »

John, just paid for the upgrade for my mite and will be sending out on monday. Thanks for the discount and the work you have done for the NFA community. Your info on Silencer research helped me with many of my past silencer purchases. Quick question, will it be FA rated? If so iI will use it on my M11-22 as well, thanks!
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

TkFF wrote:John, just paid for the upgrade for my mite and will be sending out on monday. Thanks for the discount and the work you have done for the NFA community. Your info on Silencer research helped me with many of my past silencer purchases. Quick question, will it be FA rated? If so iI will use it on my M11-22 as well, thanks!
It will be all stainless internals so yes.
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

Super fast turnaround, I my mite was delivered on June 22 and I just got notice that it is being shipped out today priority mail. Can't argue with the turnaround time, will update with a review as soon as it gets in.
hotrodtba

Post by hotrodtba »

jt526 wrote:Super fast turnaround, I my mite was delivered on June 22 and I just got notice that it is being shipped out today priority mail. Can't argue with the turnaround time, will update with a review as soon as it gets in.
Got a notice myself today that my Mite is on its way back. Can't wait to get it.
TkFF

Post by TkFF »

Can't wait! Mine arrived there today!
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Racer »

I received my rebuilt Mite yesterday and got to try it out today. I have a very small collection (16) of .22lr cans and the Mite used to be next to the loudest one. It is now a very usable and much much quieter can. The turn-around time was right at a week.
Dave
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

Just FYI, without the monocore in the mite, the thin outer tube is almost entirely unsupported. I put a small dent in mine using a strap wrench to unscrew the end cap. With the old core, the thin AL tube was pretty much fully supported. Not so much now, so be careful. My old mite habits reared their ugly head, and my default setting is to strap wrench the hell out of it. No real damage, just a depression that sort of rides between the front of a K and the rear.