WHERE shoot at a deer with subsonic loads

Hunting in general, or with a suppressor.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

GANADERO
Senior Silent Operator

WHERE shoot at a deer with subsonic loads

Post by GANADERO »

HELLO friends this hunting season start to hunt whit subsonic loads whit my .308 rifle, anyone can give me some advice which is the best place to shoot at Maximum distances of 200 yards

Thanks for your help :D :D :D :D :D :D
The GREATNESS Of the MAN IS IN The STRENGTH OF ITS MIND IN The NOBILITY OF ITS SOUL And HER WILL TO WIN

NEW ZELAND
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Re: WHERE shoot at a deer with subsonic loads

Post by rogerme »

The vitals. If your using light loads you may want to try them out on a stand in of some sort at the ranges your speaking of to be sure of penetration. I have had some .308 subs that are almost useless at 100 yards much less 200.

That all said why use subs? FP loads are a far better choice to ensure a quick kill on your quarry.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
GANADERO
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GANADERO »

ok friend i want hunt whit silencer for this i want subsonic loads.
The GREATNESS Of the MAN IS IN The STRENGTH OF ITS MIND IN The NOBILITY OF ITS SOUL And HER WILL TO WIN

NEW ZELAND
ghostdog662
Silent But Deadly

Post by ghostdog662 »

The lungs are the best IMO.
LP
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

ghostdog662 wrote:The lungs are the best IMO.
Me too.

They generally don't go to far. 50-100 yards.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
martineta

Post by martineta »

I have been helping a farmer who has kill permits from the state doing damage control from deer. Two days ago I shot a couple of does using 225 grain Outlaw State Bullets. First kill was 160 yards. Instant kill lucky shot took her out breaking her spine with a shot at base of neck. Ten minutes later a shot a doe through the lungs broadside. She ran 30 yards and fell down dead. Huge hole on the far side with a piece of broken off rib hanging out the exit wound. Love my yhm qd suppressor. My subsonic reloads are very very quiet.
M. Kenneth Burnett
Managing Partner
www.pasodelpuerto.com
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Have only taken one doe w the 300 BLK. Using subsonic 220 gr SMKs w an SAS TI Arbiter can and a 4x Pulsar Digisight N550 at dusk. Aim point was the neck at 65 yards.

Deer dropped at the shot. Projectile exited broadside.
bwnva

Post by bwnva »

Sir, I would recommend you shoot your deer right between the eyes. Yet to meet a deer yet who walks away after that. :)
nice shot
Silent But Deadly

Post by nice shot »

I'm more curious about the whole "chihuahua Mexico - New Zealand." I the location. Both countries outlaw suppressor . . . . So which country are you committing a felony in?
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)
GANADERO
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GANADERO »

nice shot wrote:I'm more curious about the whole "chihuahua Mexico - New Zealand." I the location. Both countries outlaw suppressor . . . . So which country are you committing a felony in?

good morning friend in newzealand, This allowed the use of silencers do not worry you so thank you very much for your concern

cherrs

NEW ZELAND
ds762
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ds762 »

really depends on the load in my opinion. base of the skull /ear shot is hard to walk away from .. but if you have a premium subsonic bullet like the Outlaw .. heart lung shots work just fine.