Obamacare has been upheld, get ready

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

kapkanimd
Silent But Deadly

Obamacare has been upheld, get ready

Post by kapkanimd »

SO apparently the Supreme court thinks Obamacare is right for our country. If anyone on here is on Medicare or plans to be, good luck. It is likely you wont find any doctor to see you and the ones that do, will likely kill you. Anyone have an opinion?

Those that arent up to date with what I am talking about, January 1, 2013 marks the date for a reduction in Medicare reimbursment around 30%. Which might not sound like a lot, but Medicare payments have been frozen for nearly 10 years and the cost for Medicare services have gone up nearly 20% since then. Now with another 30% reduction, it will literally cut a family physicians salary in half. Forcing them to either kill themselves and see 2x as many patients in the same time period and end up making mistakes or they will just refuse to see Medicare patients all together. This is on top of making it illegal for you not to have health care insurance. I am glad I am studying another field rather than just relying on medicine to survive.
Last edited by kapkanimd on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAC SPR/M4, AAC TiRant .45, AAC Prodigy, AAC Cyclone
many, many more to come
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Re: Obamacare has been upheld, get ready

Post by goteron »

kapkanimd wrote:SO apparently the Supreme court things Obamacare is right for our country.
That isnt what they were deciding.
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
kapkanimd
Silent But Deadly

Post by kapkanimd »

goteron wrote:
kapkanimd wrote:SO apparently the Supreme court things Obamacare is right for our country.
That isnt what they were deciding.
Sorry I didnt word it good enough for you, they were deciding if it is constitutional and what not, but the purpose of my thread was to get feedback and not play word games, doesn't change the fact that the cuts are coming
AAC SPR/M4, AAC TiRant .45, AAC Prodigy, AAC Cyclone
many, many more to come
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

What I don't get, is why in the hell is this "constitutional" just because it includes a "tax"?

Does that mean congress can do anything it wants to us, as long as they bill us for it?

Usually, when someone takes something from you, the customary thing is to compensate YOU for it, not them.

So much for checks and balances...
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

I've downloaded the PDF of the SCOTUS opinions with dissents, and plan on reading it. It seems that there are more decisions in it than just the mandate.

1. On a vote of 8-1 they ruled that the Commerce Clause cannot be used to mandate commerce. (important decision?)

2. They ruled that the Medicaid portion in Obamacare is at least partially overturned. The Federal Government cannot force the States to expand Medicaid according to Obamacare rules. The Feds cannot penalize or withhold Medicaid funds to States who choose not to expand Medicaid rules. The Medicaid expansion was designed to pay for insurance for all people under the poverty line.

There may be additional parts of Obamacare struck down or altered in the decision, everyone needs a few days to read the decision to find out what additional parts they decided to partially strike down.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Blaubart wrote:What I don't get, is why in the hell is this "constitutional" just because it includes a "tax"?

Does that mean congress can do anything it wants to us, as long as they bill us for it?
Only if it is for the general welfare.

For the 50-60% of people who don't pay taxes, this is an awesome deal - you just don't get the insurance until you get sick or pregnant. Then you get it. The people who do pay taxes pay your bill. Then after you deliver or are better, you cancel the insurance again. Pre-existing conditions cannot be denied, so there is no reason not to do it this way.

The outcome is predictable - millions of people who have health insurance now will drop it to save money. Meanwhile, the people who had been paying for insurance now have to share their doctors with 30 million new people who previously did not see the doctor regularly.

Also, due to the reduced ability to get paid, fewer people will choose to become doctors.
finn
Silent But Deadly

Post by finn »

I can't understand why anyone is pissed at the court. We made the bed, we get to lie in it.

The "checks and balances" have traditionally been kicking out politicians that raise taxes for stupid reasons. But seeing politicians that are treasonous, destructive and general idiots get reelected regularly should be a serious cause for alarm. At this point, I doubt the voting public has the attention span to hold the Obamacare lawmakers accountable.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

The reason that we are pissed off is because half of the people didn't pay for the bed and a large segment who helped make the bed are mindless idiots who don't have a clue.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

johndoe3 wrote:...
1. On a vote of 8-1 they ruled that the Commerce Clause cannot be used to mandate commerce. (important decision?)
A ray of light for the Hughes Amendment? Although I think that path has been tested before wrt to machine guns.

I heard about the medicaid part but haven't fully digested it yet. I plan to read it as well, reading the actual arguments is always interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

silencertalk wrote:...
Also, due to the reduced ability to get paid, fewer people will choose to become doctors.
I wouldn't count on that. There are plenty of "doctors" who zealously support Obamacare. I think what you mean is people who could actually excel at a chosen profession will now choose a different profession instead of one where the best you can hope to rise to is the same level of mediocrity as in any other civil servant job.

If you pay attention when you're driving around you may notice one of the stickers below on the back of some old and ill maintained vehicles out there. They're on the backs of the cars of every "doctor" out there who is crappy at his job and can't get enough momentum to escape the confines of his strip center chop shop. There are plenty of "doctors" out there who will benefit from this kind of plan because offices will be overcrowded and doctors can't select their patients. Sure the good ones will leave in droves and become veternarians or CHL instructors (or worse lawyers) but there will be 2 to replace one that leaves who will start shoveling pills to the masses paid for from your pocket.

Get ready for the future of medicine in the U.S. of A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895