Extremely pleased!!

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

vicryder

Extremely pleased!!

Post by vicryder »

Sighted in My Savage FV-SR today. Mueller apt scope, wolf match ammo. Such a great little plinker. Now just waiting on my Spectre II
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Re: Extremely pleased!!

Post by gunningbadger »

I've got the same set up with a sparrow and it's one of the most fun guns that I have to shoot!

Brittsc
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Brittsc »

I have the same rifle and waiting on the same can. No optics yet, can you guys give me some details on your optics.

Thanks,
Britt
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

I run a Leupold VX-III 4.5-14x40 on mine. Don't think I would spend that if I had to buy a scope for it, was an extra one I had. Great setup though, I've got the Lipsey's version of the gun, doesn't have the rail mount so the scope sits lower, better cheek weld, believe it's got some Weaver medium height rings. The objective lens barely clears the barrel (which is good of course).
vicryder

Post by vicryder »

Brittsc wrote:I have the same rifle and waiting on the same can. No optics yet, can you guys give me some details on your optics.

Thanks,
Britt
Mueller APT 4.5 - 14 x 40 129.99. first time using it today. it came recommended by people on this forum and I was not disappointed!
Brittsc
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Brittsc »

Thanks, I just did a good bit of reading on the Mueller Tactical scopes. Seems like an ideal optic for my .22. Good reviews but doesn't cost more than my host. I don't mind spending the money for good optics, but lets be real, it's no long range weapon and has very little recoil. I just wanted something of decent quality and reliability. I have been struggling for a week or so, trying to figure out what to put on it. If you have any other thoughts or comments on it let me know. Have you tried the CCI quiet 22's in you Savage? :D
Thanks for the info.
Britt
SC
usmcvet0331

Post by usmcvet0331 »

I want one. Checked my local gun shop. He said he had a bunch and they sold quickly. Now he can not get any. I wish the came with open sights.
Brittsc
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Brittsc »

Buds guns has them for a little more than I paid. I have only found 2 locally in the past 8 months.
Britt
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

I have the same setup. Only thing different about mine is the Boyds stock. Awesome rifle! And it sounds amazing with a SS Sparrow.
mjl99

Post by mjl99 »

Same rifle here too. just waiting on my mueller scope to come in. mine has a boyds evo stock on it.

Brittsc
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Brittsc »

mjl99 wrote:Same rifle here too. just waiting on my mueller scope to come in. mine has a boyds evo stock on it.

What Mueller did you order? Where? if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks,
Britt

Nice pictures in this thread.
mjl99

Post by mjl99 »

I ordered the 8x32 target dot scope. Might be a little overkill for a rimfire but i wanted a good target scope that i can always swap to something bigger.

Ordered from midway but they are currently on back order.
1mobum
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1mobum »

Since everyone is posting pics.

WooD
Silent But Deadly

Post by WooD »

I picked up a Savage last week. It came with a POS no name 3-9x40 scope, and I've spent a week trying to decide what scope I wanted to put on it.

I narrowed it down between the Mueller, or a Nikon 3-9x40 Rimfire. I have the same Nikon on one of my 10/22's and love it, but thought the Mueller might be a better scope. Earlier today I ordered another Nikon from Optics Planet. My Nikon is crystal clear, and works great in low light.

Now I'm trying to decide on a stock. The tacticool is wood painted black, right? I wish Hogue made a nylon stock for the savages, I've got a couple of those, and think their great.
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

Not diggin' the standard synthetic that came with it? :D

Allegedly you can even use a McMillan M40A1 stock for it :shock: I dunno that I'd pay that much for a stock for this gun though.
vicryder

Post by vicryder »

WooD wrote:I picked up a Savage last week. It came with a POS no name 3-9x40 scope, and I've spent a week trying to decide what scope I wanted to put on it.

I narrowed it down between the Mueller, or a Nikon 3-9x40 Rimfire. I have the same Nikon on one of my 10/22's and love it, but thought the Mueller might be a better scope. Earlier today I ordered another Nikon from Optics Planet. My Nikon is crystal clear, and works great in low light.

Now I'm trying to decide on a stock. The tacticool is wood painted black, right? I wish Hogue made a nylon stock for the savages, I've got a couple of those, and think their great.

Yes it is. it has a little texture to it also.
vicryder

Post by vicryder »

Wahnsinn wrote:Not diggin' the standard synthetic that came with it? :D

Allegedly you can even use a McMillan M40A1 stock for it :shock: I dunno that I'd pay that much for a stock for this gun though.

Have you checked out the Boyd's tacticool?
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

I like the standard stock, I know it's a touch thin at the fore-end of it, but it keeps the gun at a good weight for what I want it for.
WooD
Silent But Deadly

Post by WooD »

Wahnsinn wrote:Not diggin' the standard synthetic that came with it? :D

It's not that bad, just a bit narrow on the forearm. I'm thinking about just wrapping some paracord or something around it.

For what I bought it for, I'm not looking to put a lot of money into it.