IF

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

nashoba
Silent Operator

IF

Post by nashoba »

If money is no object,you cannot beat BUSSE COMBAT KNIVES there INFI steel is the stuff you can bet your life on when needed,that said,there are cheaper knives that will do the job...right now im loving my becker BK7 (the old becker) these are not too pricey but hold an edge thru a lot of abuse,and are easy to sharpen.TOPS are great also,and not hard on the wallet.BHK uses 01 which will rust if not taken care of,BUT is easy to field sharpen..lot of folks dont think about that,the harder the steel..(as a rule the harder to sharpen..BUSSE's INFI is a exception to that rule)and a survival knife is a personal tool..whats works for me might not work for you.Blade length is also a personal choice,I can skin anything on this planet with a 4 in blade,BUT might not work so well for making a shelter..there is NO perfect survival knife..period.Think about what you will use it for,how you will carry it..I DONT like kydex!! Its noisy,and as our combat troops found out get dirt or sand on the blade or in the sheath and not only will it scratch up your knife it can dull it.Hope this has helped you some...if you have anymore questions just ask,by the way I worked for BUSSE knives for a lot of years so I KNOW what there knives will do...Tom Wheeler
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Re: IF

Post by jt526 »

A Busse Team Gemini Light Brigade is on my very very short list for my birthday/christmas present for myself. Is there a different Busse in that price range ($350- 400ish)/style that you would recommend? Looking for a larger knife I guess, I've got smaller folder/fixed covered. (I'm not going to lie, it being featured on The Walking Dead is a plus.)
Stupid, stupid NFA items.