New guy. Longtime lurker.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

45winMag

Re: New guy. Longtime lurker.

Post by 45winMag »

Bendersquint, I finally got the front endcap off the can I want to rework after I sell my M11/9. Still can't get any of the baffles out. Looks like I had an endcap strike at some point, there's a rub mark in the bore of the front endcap, visible from the inside. Funny, I would think I would have felt an endcap strike. Doesn't look like any damage though, just a rub mark.

Hopefully this can is going to end up a lot lighter than the YHM stainless Phantom that I'm currently using for all my centerfire rifles.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: New guy. Longtime lurker.

Post by Bendersquint »

45winMag wrote:Bendersquint, I finally got the front endcap off the can I want to rework after I sell my M11/9. Still can't get any of the baffles out. Looks like I had an endcap strike at some point, there's a rub mark in the bore of the front endcap, visible from the inside. Funny, I would think I would have felt an endcap strike. Doesn't look like any damage though, just a rub mark.

Hopefully this can is going to end up a lot lighter than the YHM stainless Phantom that I'm currently using for all my centerfire rifles.
Guess you didn't get my email, will resend it tonite.

Most of the time noone knows when they get an endcap strike or a baffle strike for that matter. You would be surprised the percentage of cans we jailbreak that have had strikes and noone was aware till they could look at the baffles!