When my parents found out They Flipped out

Random gun talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Re: When my parents found out They Flipped out

Post by Jt.kline19 »

I sense butt hurt all in this thread lol
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
Dweezil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dweezil »

You're 32. Grow up. Move out. Quit bitching.

How the hell you gonna get laid when you're still living with mommy?
"I'm from the government...I'm here to help."
ERMaag

Post by ERMaag »

if you want to stay in the house, then i'd say you would have to move out of the master bedroom...why on earth your parents would agree with that is beyond me. Also, you need to start paying more for rent. Quit being a leech and help pay the bills or move out. I understand that paying full rent for a apt for just 14 days is a waste...so:

give them 400 a month, move into the smallest room in the house, buy a large enough safe to store all your s--t, disconnect cable and internet to said room, get a small fridge and buy your own food/drinks, and quit telling them about your purchases...the other alternative is move out.
Stoski

Post by Stoski »

At the start of the year The rent is going to $300. Thats if I stay 7 days or 14 days. I have the master bedroom because they don't want it. The build out is almost 3 times as big full bath washer/dryer and a double door stainless Steel refrigerator with a 40inch TV mounted to the wall. I was in that and when I was THEN they were pissed. So i took the master bed room. I just found out when I get home on the 11th. I have to come back out to the Oil rig on the 18th. So This time I get 6 days off out of 60 work days. So i move out pay $750 a month every month and wast 6,000-9,000 a year on rent just so i can have a "girl friend" With my rotation I could never really have a girl that would be faithful. I would never be there for her and to be honest after working 12 hour days i don't want to do anything when i go home i want to be left alone.
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

$300 still isn't real rent. That won't get you into a 20 year old mobile home in the real world.
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
stengun
Silent But Deadly

Post by stengun »

Howdy,
MV10 wrote:Maybe your dad is just pissed that his 32 year old son is not only still living off him, but also buying expensive toys, to make matters worse, despite having a good-paying steady job.

Crazy-talk, I know.
:shock: :lol: :o :lol:

Too funny!

I posted on Glock Talk that most of the members that "hang out" in the "Political Issue" section were a bunch of +40yo SWMs that still live with their Moms and has a "Command Center" in the basement.

Paul
"The number of people that I've killed is not important. What is important is how I get along with the ones that are still alive."

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)
edarahk

Post by edarahk »

Wahnsinn wrote:My wife still thinks that I'm on some govt list because of all the guns/cans I have, plus all the shows I watch on tv, and all the web sites I go to.

I just tell her 'probably, so what?' :lol:

You should make her a custom fitted tinfoil hat. :D
Silencerco Sparrow SS / Ruger 10/22
SWR Spectre II / Ruger 22/45 Lite
SWR Specwar / DDM4 v7
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

stengun wrote:Howdy,
MV10 wrote:Maybe your dad is just pissed that his 32 year old son is not only still living off him, but also buying expensive toys, to make matters worse, despite having a good-paying steady job.

Crazy-talk, I know.
:shock: :lol: :o :lol:

Too funny!

I posted on Glock Talk that most of the members that "hang out" in the "Political Issue" section were a bunch of +40yo SWMs that still live with their Moms and has a "Command Center" in the basement.

Paul
Wait, you guys don't have a command center in your Mom's basement? I thought that was a pre-requisite for membership on ST.
-----
Ick
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

ick wrote:Wait, you guys don't have a command center in your Mom's basement? I thought that was a pre-requisite for membership on ST.
I got accepted because my SSNcN's command center is so awesome. :mrgreen:
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

I know A LOT of expats all over the globe, and I've never met one that still lived at home, or at least never admitted it. Most I've met (under 40) will go somewhere they've never been and relax for a few weeks. I understand the need for routine, but they also developed tons of contacts in the process...STD's too. :lol:
"And remember, the most dangerous thing in the world is still ignorance." - RYP
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

snapshot wrote:...STD's too. :lol:
Time and meds bro. Time and meds. It'll be ok.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Post by rcn11thacr »

Even thou I totally agree with the dollars part...the sense of it (rather perceived insensitivity by pops) is the root of the problem. I think a formal sit down with them is way past due. Ask them what you can do to alleviate their problems with the arrangement.
1. Do whatever they feel is reasonable. So what if it costs u more cash, it makes for better living arrangents which is what your needing, right?
2. Don’t talk of your "toy" expenditures with them for ANY reason.
3. Pay someone to do your chores while you’re using "alone time" so they don’t get pissed about a guy not working while at home.
4. Paying them $400 for rent sounds more reasonable.
5. Lastly: Send them on a cruise while your home once a year so you can get laid privately! The point is you are finically capable of it and pops feels you’re not being a man as you should be in his eyes. Whether you agree with the last sentence isn’t as important as the FACT that you live under his house and he resents what he feels is a leach. His feelings are the problem...do what you can to be reasonable to his feelings.

Seriously. Do more than needed/requested so they have little to no reason to fuss. So what if you don’t get to save as much going this route? Thats life in the real world and no one gets to have their cake and savor it too. Just ask any married guy :) It's just part of life :( If you did all of the above comments of mine, your still saving more than moving out on your own.
Blackhorse Scout
Bluewidowr1

Post by Bluewidowr1 »

Just buy a damn house. Rent any where is a waste of money, start building equity and even though you will be paying a heck of a lot more than 300 a month it wont be money wasted.