Fuel filter suppressor

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Droog
Silent Operator

Re: Fuel filter suppressor

Post by Droog »

Bendersquint wrote:
Michael Opitz wrote:Thread adapter using any disposable oil filter as a silencer legally.
3/4 way down the page- the econo can.

http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/Class_III.html
This has been discussed many time on here.

The oil filter does not qualify as a wipe and can not be replaced by an individual only an 07/02 can replace it legally.
who in hell would or even care who changed the filter?
this all sounds to me to be a little on the parinoid side.
brought to you live and direct from the fun and sun capitol of the upper midwest Minot n.Dak.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Droog wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
Michael Opitz wrote:Thread adapter using any disposable oil filter as a silencer legally.
3/4 way down the page- the econo can.

http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/Class_III.html
This has been discussed many time on here.

The oil filter does not qualify as a wipe and can not be replaced by an individual only an 07/02 can replace it legally.
who in hell would or even care who changed the filter?
this all sounds to me to be a little on the parinoid side.
ATF says wipes are rubber/plastic discs.

ATF says only wipes can be changed by an end user. Can't even legally change rivets on old Sionics cans anymore.
Droog
Silent Operator

Post by Droog »

wether you believe it or not the ATF is not behind every door or every room watching to see if your doing something illegal.If your a manufacture I can see being careful but everday end users dont have problem. As far I found I never even heard of any getting busted for pidley s--t like that and I for one are not going to get ass raped by someone to do something that I can do myself.
brought to you live and direct from the fun and sun capitol of the upper midwest Minot n.Dak.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

Droog wrote:wether you believe it or not the ATF is not behind every door or every room watching to see if your doing something illegal.If your a manufacture I can see being careful but everday end users dont have problem. As far I found I never even heard of any getting busted for pidley s--t like that and I for one are not going to get ass raped by someone to do something that I can do myself.
People never get railroaded for pidley stuff its in the definition.
The rapist will be sponsored by the state you may call him "xxxxxx" compliance checks happen to every day people.The point is you can't do it yourself and be legal.
BATFE cares about you !
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Droog wrote:wether you believe it or not the ATF is not behind every door or every room watching to see if your doing something illegal.If your a manufacture I can see being careful but everday end users dont have problem. As far I found I never even heard of any getting busted for pidley s--t like that and I for one are not going to get ass raped by someone to do something that I can do myself.
So you would repack your silencer with Chore Boy even though they prohibit it?
Droog
Silent Operator

Post by Droog »

I dont know that I would ever have with choreboys in it but if I did hell yes I would. As for oil filter or fuel filter units yes I would. The chances of getting caught red handed are so remote and soon hopefully if it gets though our state senate it will be illgal to enforce federal gun laws buy any law enforement in the state or even aid the feds and if they do they be arrested.I havent read the whole bill yet but beleive that there is other stuff.

i would. As
rqlasl
Silent But Deadly

Post by rqlasl »

:shock: My Moma always said "Stupid is as stupid does"
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

Droog wrote:I dont know that I would ever have with choreboys in it but if I did hell yes I would. As for oil filter or fuel filter units yes I would. The chances of getting caught red handed are so remote and soon hopefully if it gets though our state senate it will be illgal to enforce federal gun laws buy any law enforement in the state or even aid the feds and if they do they be arrested.I havent read the whole bill yet but beleive that there is other stuff.

i would. As
Do you know that we have a couple active ATF agents as members on the forum ?
and they now have you address, name and all through your IP :lol:
Its people like you that dont go by the rules that will get silencers banned one day
and between now and then give the good gun owners a bad name.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

rqlasl wrote::shock: My Moma always said "Stupid is as stupid does"
Lets talk about doing something unlawfull on the world wild web :lol:
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

redtazdog wrote:...
What!?!?!? :shock:

:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Droog
Silent Operator

Post by Droog »

doubloon wrote:
redtazdog wrote:...
What!?!?!? :shock:

:lol:
I suppose they do Im about ready to croak anyway bring it on. :lol:
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I just think it's great to have someone we can PM for status on transfers. :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

redtazdog wrote: Do you know that we have a couple active ATF agents as members on the forum ?
Yeah they are here to see doubloon's avatar! :lol:
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

Kramer wrote:
redtazdog wrote: Do you know that we have a couple active ATF agents as members on the forum ?
Yeah they are here to see doubloon's avatar! :lol:
The last was memorizing and this one's bodacious gotta coin!
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
mollinst
Industry Professional

Post by mollinst »

"Yeah they are here to see doubloon's avatar! :lol:"

I'm sorry... What?
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

You better hide your dogs Droog as they should be knocking on your door soon :lol:
Droog
Silent Operator

Post by Droog »

I dont have a supressor yet but am waitng to get past pending.I will be making my form 1 out of all stainless and will never need new internals in my lifetime so I wont have to worry about having anything to rebuild If it doesnt perform as I think it should then Ill allow myself to be raped and pay someone to recore it. :lol:
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Droog wrote:I dont have a supressor yet but am waitng to get past pending.I will be making my form 1 out of all stainless and will never need new internals in my lifetime so I wont have to worry about having anything to rebuild If it doesnt perform as I think it should then Ill allow myself to be raped and pay someone to recore it. :lol:
Recores are not THAT expensive.
Droog
Silent Operator

Post by Droog »

Do you do them. How much is cheap? Is it legal to send you just the registerd tube and have fill it If you legaly do that hell I wont even make any guts. :!:
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Droog wrote:Do you do them. How much is cheap? Is it legal to send you just the registerd tube and have fill it If you legaly do that hell I wont even make any guts. :!:
Yes we do quite a bit of work in recores.

Price is determined by your requirements, want anodized aluminum or titanium? Quite a difference in pricing between the 2.

75% of the time a recore is cheaper than the cost of a new can and stamp.

No you can't just send an empty registered tube. We can replace your core, we can not provide a core. There are alot of things that have to fall into place to be able to do it legally.
Droog
Silent Operator

Post by Droog »

OK I kinda thought that may illegal but wasnt sure. Thank you for enlighting me on the subject.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Droog wrote:OK I kinda thought that may illegal but wasnt sure. Thank you for enlighting me on the subject.
Dealing with Form1 builders is kinda tricky but once you figure out the ins and outs of it its not that difficult.

A good portion of the people wanting recores don't want to jump through the necessary hoops and sadly live with poor performing form1 silencers.

Maybe someday in the future i will take a picture of our Form1 baffle bucket so people can see what kinda of baffles never get their pictures on the internet.
Droog
Silent Operator

Post by Droog »

That would be great spread them out on table so we can see what to avoid. what hoops are you talking about?
RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

Post by RWBlue »

Bendersquint wrote: Maybe someday in the future i will take a picture of our Form1 baffle bucket so people can see what kinda of baffles never get their pictures on the internet.
That would be cool.
spin-drift

Post by spin-drift »

RWBlue wrote:
Bendersquint wrote: Maybe someday in the future i will take a picture of our Form1 baffle bucket so people can see what kinda of baffles never get their pictures on the internet.
That would be cool.
Yes it would.