458 SOCOM

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

3strucking
Silent Operator

458 SOCOM

Post by 3strucking »

Aluminum or titanium for outer tube? I was thinking of using titanium but would like advice from those who have built one. Also, does anyone know what type of baffle is used in the Bowers can? I have had zero luck finding internal images.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Re: 458 SOCOM

Post by Capt. Link. »

I would use Ti for the outer tube based upon upkeep alone.You can give it a brushed finish or heat it for a rainbow look.
The .458 is a low pressure round that should respond well to most baffles.Clipped cone close spaced baffles of 1.375-1.500" in a longish suppressor of 8-9" should allow a high degree of suppression with subsonic ammo.

I hope some small primer cases become available to allow re-loaders to fully research & develop this cartridge.With the wide range of barrel twists available and bullets weighing 180-600gr you can build anything from a supersonic heavy varmint round to a very heavy hitting quiet cannon.
-CL
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
3strucking
Silent Operator

Post by 3strucking »

I figured on using 10-12" of 1.750" OD tube with a .054" wall which would give me 1.642" inside OD to work with. I will be shooting 450 grain subs 99% of the time out of a Rem. 700 with a 16" barrel. In your opinion could I get satisfactory results with a 1.384" core and 1.500" tube?.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

3strucking wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:14 pm I figured on using 10-12" of 1.750" OD tube with a .054" wall which would give me 1.642" inside OD to work with. I will be shooting 450 grain subs 99% of the time out of a Rem. 700 with a 16" barrel. In your opinion could I get satisfactory results with a 1.384" core and 1.500" tube?.
A 1.500 tube or a 1.375 tube should work fine.The higher pressure will keep the pressure up helping baffles create turbulence. Keep the spacing close and baffles plentiful.
-CL
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Cebeporerv

Post by Cebeporerv »

In the world of military firearms, there are few weapons that can match the sheer power and versatility of the 458 SOCOM. Designed specifically for use with the M4 Carbine, the 458 SOCOM is a force to be reckoned with on any battlefield.

With its massive .458 caliber round, the 458 SOCOM is capable of taking down even the most heavily armored targets. But its true power lies in its ability to be used in a variety of situations, thanks to its modular design.

Whether you're looking to take down a charging enemy infantry unit or take out a heavily fortified position, the 458 SOCOM has the capability to get the job done. And with its wide variety of ammunition types available, you can tailor the 458 SOCOM to your specific needs.

There's no question that the 458 SOCOM is a weapon that any professional soldier should have in their arsenal. If you're looking for a weapon that can help you take on any challenge, the 458 SOCOM is a perfect choice Rockwool RWA45 50mm.