Need some machine work done - anyone?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Hannibalbarca
Silent But Deadly

Need some machine work done - anyone?

Post by Hannibalbarca »

Hello
I will be doing a form 1 in the future for an integral 12 gauge vepr 12
I need someone to make the kit
Its fairly simple as far as kits go.
A 12 inch long 3 inch od grade 2 titanium tube threaded on both ends(60 shipped for the tube) from titanium joe, its 3 od with a .035 wall

I found some 6061 aluminum at 3 OD 2 inches long 36 shipped for 2 pieces.

1 cap threaded for the tube plus internally for m22x.75rh.
Now Since the barrel has 10 of usable length and the tube is 12 this cap will need to be be reduced in OD. Say down to 1 inch for about 1.5 inches of its length and the rest will be threaded for the tube threads.

A clamping fixture with outside threads that can be tightened down onto the barrel.

A cap that threads into the tube and with internal threads for this clamp fixture. The point of this is simply to create a seal however perhaps a cap can be made has an ID very close to the OD of the barrel so that can it be friction fitted. Maybe within 1/1000 or less of the barrel OD, heat it up with a blow torch to get the hole to expand and then put it on.
I would take this option if it’s not possible to make the clamping fixture or if it would be too much work to do so.

Please dm if you’d be interested in taking this on.
Like I said it’s fairly simple with little machining to be done but I don’t have a lathe to work with myself.
Thanks.