DeadAir Wolverine bore diameter?

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

chuck417

DeadAir Wolverine bore diameter?

Post by chuck417 »

Now finally having access to a full machine shop at work I am thinking about form 1’ing a AK specific can similar to the wolverine. Would anyone happen to know how overbore they went or a measurement of the “taper bore”? If not any recommendations for bore diameter to account for non-concentric threads, I want to be able to run this on nearly any AK like the wolverine. I was personally thinking about doing the first baffle at 3/8 of an inch and increasing .010 until the final baffle, but maybe that isn’t generous enough or might be so wide it badly affects performance.

Specs for anyone interested 316L tube and end caps, 17-4 Tig welded baffles and a lock ring insert system I came up with for going between 24mm for 74’s and 14LH for 762 guns.
chuck417

Re: DeadAir Wolverine bore diameter?

Post by chuck417 »

Any recommendations on baffle spacing? I was thinking 50 degree cone baffles with a single clip and a 1.5 inch expansion chamber. OAL 7.5 inches.

I was planning on a spacing of .75 to .50 and the final at .375