Q cherry bomb mount

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

CMV
Silent But Deadly

Q cherry bomb mount

Post by CMV »

I want to make an endcap to use with a Q cherry bomb but want to check measurements.

It seems the external threads are 0.896, 24 tpi & the taper is 25° That sound right?

That would be a 7/8" hole correct?
--------------------------------------

"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes"
"This board is currently disabled"
These things make me :(
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Q cherry bomb mount

Post by Capt. Link. »

Can I be of any help Chris.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
CMV
Silent But Deadly

Post by CMV »

Thanks Pat.....Nothing too serious. I want to make a flash can for my SBR to have in place when no silencer but don't want to spend $ on a pre-made female cap for a cherry bomb. Looks simple enough & maybe it's a sign of age, but every time I measure & count I get 25 tpi for the external threads on the cherry bomb so figured I'd ask before spending time making scrap :)

I might have to hit you up sometime in near future for my 30 cal though. I have been real happy with it all this time until a buddy just got his Nomad-L and it's stupid how good that thing is. I also finally got around to SBR'ing my 300BLK AR and going from a 16" to a 8" made a crazy difference in performance. Thinking I might have to remove a baffle & make a larger blast chamber.... But that change took it from great (to me and compared to a Liberty Freedom) to "OK". But then comparing to that giant Nomad-L, mine sucks :) Might be 99% form-1 will "suck" compared to a commercial can that big, but it was embarrassing. Other than being a RCH shorter, that beats mine by any measure except maybe cost - which is probably the last metric that matters
--------------------------------------

"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes"
"This board is currently disabled"
These things make me :(
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

CMV wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:21 pm Thanks Pat.....Nothing too serious. I want to make a flash can for my SBR to have in place when no silencer but don't want to spend $ on a pre-made female cap for a cherry bomb. Looks simple enough & maybe it's a sign of age, but every time I measure & count I get 25 tpi for the external threads on the cherry bomb so figured I'd ask before spending time making scrap :)

I might have to hit you up sometime in near future for my 30 cal though. I have been real happy with it all this time until a buddy just got his Nomad-L and it's stupid how good that thing is. I also finally got around to SBR'ing my 300BLK AR and going from a 16" to a 8" made a crazy difference in performance. Thinking I might have to remove a baffle & make a larger blast chamber.... But that change took it from great (to me and compared to a Liberty Freedom) to "OK". But then comparing to that giant Nomad-L, mine sucks :) Might be 99% form-1 will "suck" compared to a commercial can that big, but it was embarrassing. Other than being a RCH shorter, that beats mine by any measure except maybe cost - which is probably the last metric that matters
I would buy or borrow a proper thread gauge. 25 tpi is a poison number for most lathe owners so I hope you are wrong.
We could discuss the issues you are having with your 30 cal. Its possible a better solution can be had with a rearrangement or modification of what you have.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895