Eform 1 denial

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

gds

Eform 1 denial

Post by gds »

It appears to be blanket denial for many form1 silencers. Here is the reason everyone is getting.

3strucking
Silent Operator

Re: Eform 1 denial

Post by 3strucking »

Did you try to register a solvent trap?
junkie

Post by junkie »

I got the same thing today as well. It was for a solvent trap one, but that is not a question they ask on the form
gds

Post by gds »

3strucking wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:28 pm Did you try to register a solvent trap?
Nope. Was intent on making my own on my lathe. But that is irrelevant, because that is not a question that is asked. I am seeing a lot of noise about this on ARFCOM and some other web pages about anyone who filed a form 1 silencer.
gds

Post by gds »

junkie wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:18 pm I got the same thing today as well. It was for a solvent trap one, but that is not a question they ask on the form
Exactly. This appears to be a blanket denial of all form 1 silencers.
3strucking
Silent Operator

Post by 3strucking »

Great! Just when I was getting ready to file. I guess I will hold off a while. Probably the intended purpose.
Hard_ware
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hard_ware »

New design questions are required to be answered before you get form 1 approval. Buy nothing until you have an approved form 1 in hand would be my suggestion. Any parts purchased before you have the approved form 1 in hand will probably get you denied.

Just an FYI

This is being put to the test so will have answer in the next few weeks.
NRA Life Member