Stupid question, I know...

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

ninoslavt

Stupid question, I know...

Post by ninoslavt »

OK guys, legality aside, but what do you think about this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003 ... -recommend
or this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003 ... -recommend
To be honest it looks pretty good to me.
Born to be wild!
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: Stupid question, I know...

Post by quiettime »

Personally I'm not a fan of monocores. Or anything from China really
alordnapa
Silent But Deadly

Post by alordnapa »

It looks like 20 years in a pound-in-the-ass federal prison to me, but let us know how it works out for you...
ninoslavt

Post by ninoslavt »

1. I'm European, so no US federal prison for me.
2. I'm talking about the can, the way it's built and especially about the price. I'm not really interested in pistol cans so I wouldn't buy it anyway.
3. My third and fourth words were "legality aside" because I know someone will start with all this NFA crap.
Born to be wild!
alordnapa
Silent But Deadly

Post by alordnapa »

Well, the price is right...it costs less than many LID's in the US.A. FYI, since I clicked on the link, Aliexpress has sent me ads for that auction about 50 times! If you don't have to pay $200.00 for a tax stamp, the $100.00 can looks even more appealing.
ninoslavt

Post by ninoslavt »

I'm mostly impressed by the quality of machine work, especially for the price. Also, I've seen that they are selling boosters alone. I'm not sure is it legal for US citizens to purchase those parts alone, but if it's possible, than it would be pretty sweet deal for a lot Form 1 guys.
Born to be wild!
blade1668

Post by blade1668 »

Being someone in the land of tax stamps it's depressing having emails full of the offers for them.... like I need more cans. :shock: I was going to submit a few more form 1s but now having to reassess some things before I do. But might if and when things change. (After applying and receiving approved stamp..) I would order if rolling with mono core.
If I wasn't here I'd try one or more. Cheap enough for testing and checking for quality if not in tax stamp place. Heck if I still lived in Europe I'd order a few, use em throw away when done with them.
(Dang I hate this new phone and it's double spacing ever word) so if you notice any I miss.