Cone baffle porting

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

rickdavis

Cone baffle porting

Post by rickdavis »

Tried searching but it comes up with a jumbled weird page. And Google didn’t provide an answer. Finishing up some form 1 cans. My 223 can has 8 60 degree cone baffles. Planning to try the dual hybrid clip, my understanding is it helps with poi shift. My question is on porting the baffles. Any rules of thumb on port size or number of ports? Port the unclipped blast baffle?
quiet458

Re: Cone baffle porting

Post by quiet458 »

You have to scroll down below the jumbled garbage to see the search results. I would use a single clip on all except the first and last baffle. Try the search function again and you will find the info you are looking for.
rickdavis

Post by rickdavis »

I’ve always used single clip on my other form 1’s. Just now discovered the dhc and porting. I’ll do my searching. Thanks
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

quiet458 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:54 am I would use a single clip on all except the first and last baffle.
Single port Asymmetric flow is proven and DHC baffles experimental. Sound Advice !
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
rickdavis

Post by rickdavis »

Sound advice from very respected members is what I was hoping for.