Legalized suppressors

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

alordnapa
Silent But Deadly

Legalized suppressors

Post by alordnapa »

I just thought that there should be one post that is not about counterfeit stuff and drugs. In case anyone is actually looking in once in awhile to see if the moderator is still alive...
mr fixit
Silent But Deadly

Re: Legalized suppressors

Post by mr fixit »

I check in from time to time. I think this place is dead, but I don't know why exactly. The rise of "solvent traps" seemed to cause lots of other forums to pop up that primarily dealt with building from kits. Here, it always seemed to be predominantly cans built with machine tools of our own. I think the guys with machine tools building from bar stock are still doing it. SO, not sure why this place that catered to that seems to have fallen.

I even e-mailed Robert Silvers to ask about this place, hoping to find a mod or become one just to try to keep it going. It's a shame, I've learned a lot from here.
3strucking
Silent Operator

Post by 3strucking »

This used to be a great place. I hope it returns to its past glory.
mr fixit
Silent But Deadly

Post by mr fixit »

alordnapa wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:09 pm I just thought that there should be one post that is not about counterfeit stuff and drugs. In case anyone is actually looking in once in awhile to see if the moderator is still alive...
3strucking wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:24 am This used to be a great place. I hope it returns to its past glory.
Well, logged in this morning and it looks like someone has cleaned all the spam up. Interesting
alordnapa
Silent But Deadly

Post by alordnapa »

Well, that's all well and good, but now where am I going to get my counterfeit money and drugs? ...oh wait, never mind, I live in California! Thank you to whoever took the time to clean this mess up. May you live forever in the halls of Valhalla!