Worst Design Ever

Yes, it can be legal to make a silencer. For everything Form-1, from silencer designs that are easily made, to filing forms with the BATF, to 3D modeling. Remember, you must have an approved BATF Form-1 to make a silencer. All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Worst Design Ever

Post by Capt. Link. »

I have talked to this op on several occasions and when he purchased theses plans he was assured they worked great.The designer shows a basic misunderstanding of how and why suppressors do what they do.The op admitted to taking a few liberties but this single photo shows how the designer designed the ports and the op made them to spec.I'm not sure who the knuckle head is who sells this crap but better cans can be made with flat washers.

ImageImage

Mouse holes must be put in the proper places.This is the equivalent of having a 1/2 inch hole for a .22 LR and a misunderstanding of porting.
Bottom line this site dose not charge you for good ideas and we will tell you if they are bad.Everyone wants you to have a build you can be proud of.I have never seen silencer plans for sale worth the paper it was printed on.
Buyer Beware
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
ghostdog662
Silent But Deadly

Re: Worst Design Ever

Post by ghostdog662 »

Wow. Those baffles are more like flat washers too.
LP
Hatchetjoe
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hatchetjoe »

Getting past teh mousehole. Where did the step go? Unless this is a new ledge desig.
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

What I don't get is that with all the pictures of cores (of all types, baffles, monocore, pistol, rifle etc.) out there from known top performing cans how someone gets swindled like this. I would think people would look at the plans and go "Nope, that looks like a waste of my time since I see no productions cans that look like that. Eff that, element style K/SWR style omega/monocore it is for me."
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
PaulNoiseLess
Silent But Deadly

Post by PaulNoiseLess »

Hi,

I’m one of the few (if not the only one) who sell Silencer Plans. And I do as my way of living so making a mistake, could happen anyway, is not something I really enjoy.

I have tried to review my library to fetch this design but couldn’t find it. The closest one I have is from a Custom design to improve a TAC-16 and one I made for Beretta 84F in .380 ACP.

Cap. : Could you please give us more details on the design so I can better check ?

Best,

Paul
The future is not waiting for us, it is waiting within us ...
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Absolutely agree Cap!

I too have never seen blueprints for sale that were worth anything.

The designer should be ashamed of themselves and should refund the builder and pick a new career!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

jt526 wrote:What I don't get is that with all the pictures of cores (of all types, baffles, monocore, pistol, rifle etc.) out there from known top performing cans how someone gets swindled like this. I would think people would look at the plans and go "Nope, that looks like a waste of my time since I see no productions cans that look like that. Eff that, element style K/SWR style omega/monocore it is for me."
Most likely it is because the buyer trusted the seller and the sellers representation that they knew what they were talking about.

I have seen others that have been built from this designers blueprints and all were garbage, looking at the actual plans myself was along the lines of reading the funnies on Sunday morning.

BUYER BEWARE!
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

jt526 wrote:What I don't get is that with all the pictures of cores (of all types, baffles, monocore, pistol, rifle etc.) out there from known top performing cans how someone gets swindled like this. I would think people would look at the plans and go "Nope, that looks like a waste of my time since I see no productions cans that look like that. Eff that, element style K/SWR style omega/monocore it is for me."
I could show you a few designs that would leave you scratching your head trying to figure out why its so quiet.They look like nothing made and work differently too! Many people here have never seen a wet can not a can that you can run wet but a true wet design.If you run it dry it sucks run it wet and you end up scratching your head again.We do have innovations and creative minds here but don't "sell" a unproven idea as fact.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
PaulNoiseLess
Silent But Deadly

Post by PaulNoiseLess »

Hi,

OK, here i go: I just couldn’t have any additional help from Capt. Link so I did my own research. I have identified them. I have found their initial request, their constraints, their mods I had to enter upon request, …

I have also identified the OP as well as the buyer. And I have finally got the Pics of the WHOLE build.

Judge by yourself. This is not what I sold to them. If they are not who I guess they are, sorry.

Best,

Paul

Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

The pictures are compared to what? What blueprints did you sell or do we have to buy them for you to show them to us?

Hard to how pictures and say its NOT what you sold and not show what you DID.

Post comparison's please.
PaulNoiseLess
Silent But Deadly

Post by PaulNoiseLess »

Hi,

Bender: I’m still not 100% sure it’s mine. If it’s mine and I made a mistake, I’ll just apologize and try to make better next time. But if it’s not mine and I get s--t on this, that’s another story.

I can easily identify some Parts like mine but not for others and that’s the reason I’d like to check.

I did call for help (more info) to Cap (PM and POST) and he did not help me to identify. This is the answer I got from a PM I sent him asking for more info:

I do not have the print but was informed that the porting is done exactly as the plans called for.The liberty taken was the height of the step cones.That design is proven.

I have searched into my library (more than 13000 parts) to check and couldn’t find any similar.

So, for protection (it’s easy to s--t but not so easy to clean …) I did my own research and guess I got the source but not 100% sure yet: I already know who the OP is, I got all their Pics and also some older Posts complaining about a “loud” Suppressor …

Be sure this topic is not over till I can find what’s going on.

Best,

Paul
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

Paul I answered your post in private because the op did not mention you in name and saw no reason to bring your name into it on a public forum.
PaulNoiseLess
Silent But Deadly

Post by PaulNoiseLess »

Hi,

OK, but YOUR movie is not over yet. Good luck on your “swimming Pool Suppressor”

I now know 100% who they are, what they did and how: If you have some sort of honor, just judge the build (as a Machinists you advertise you are) … despite design for a minute … look at the pics I did post for a minute …

Best,

Paul
ghostdog662
Silent But Deadly

Post by ghostdog662 »

That aluminum spacer where the expansion/blast chamber (top left corner) is ridiculously thin at the bottom.

One would presume using this was on something larger caliber than .22 because of the gigantic blast chamber. The big danger is they are using aluminum and hogged so much out of blast chamber spacer in so many spots. I'm surprised the aluminum didn't fall apart while they removed so much material from it. Yikes.

LP
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

ghostdog662 wrote:That aluminum spacer where the expansion/blast chamber (top left corner) is ridiculously thin at the bottom.

One would presume using this was on something larger caliber than .22 because of the gigantic blast chamber. The big danger is they are using aluminum and hogged so much out of blast chamber spacer in so many spots. I'm surprised the aluminum didn't fall apart while they removed so much material from it. Yikes.

The can is a 30 cal rifle can, and if I recall correctly its all steel no aluminum in it. I didn't dig up the original post to see what the materials were, just off memory.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

I feel bad that someone took pics of all that s--t.

It is good though as we see what not to do!!!!
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

The threads look mostly straight. But it could be the camera angle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

PaulNoiseLess wrote:Hi,

OK, but YOUR movie is not over yet. Good luck on your “swimming Pool Suppressor”

I now know 100% who they are, what they did and how: If you have some sort of honor, just judge the build (as a Machinists you advertise you are) … despite design for a minute … look at the pics I did post for a minute …

Best,

Paul
What dose this mean.I can't understand it.Was it directed at some one.
What is a Swimming Pool Suppressor I picture something large and blue!
The machining is rough is that your point.
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

ouch. :lol:
NP
epicdoom
Silent But Deadly

Post by epicdoom »

double ouch nothing about that thing looked good bad maching at its finest on a bad design. some of the plans I have seen on the net as Blueprint look like crud I honestly considered buying some of them if for nothing else a good starting point for my own design. Glad I refrained from doing so the sad thing is anyone with a free cad program can hack something up and sell it on the net.

Joe

Joe
It's truely amazing what the mind can conceive and prompt the hands to create <---Mine..
Semper Fi
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

some owning going on all over this thread.
NP
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

Do you guys think I should indulge in the ownfest?
"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people". -MAJ MALFUNCTION
PaulNoiseLess
Silent But Deadly

Post by PaulNoiseLess »

Hi,

Sure, LavaRed, join us in this one before i post my final conclusions!

Best,

Paul
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Post by Enfield577 »

I find it interesting that some of the better designers/manufacturers here share their designs for free and some others seek to charge
Of all the things I've lost it's my mind I miss the most
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people". -MAJ MALFUNCTION