SOCOM Flash Hiders/Suppressor Adapters Rockset or Red Loctite?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kudu22, ECHOS

usmcvet0331

SOCOM Flash Hiders/Suppressor Adapters Rockset or Red Loctite?

Post by usmcvet0331 »

I have several SOCOM FLASH HIDERS / SUPPRESSOR ADAPTERS. I brought them to my local gun shop who just became a Class 3 dealer. They put the SF3P on three guns for me. Two are 5.56 uppers

ImageImage
One is on my 300 AAC.

They used red loctite instead of the included and recommended Rockset. I am not comfortable with the red loctite. Am I over thinking this? SF must have their reasons for telling us to use the Rockset and including it with the mount. I think AAC does too. If it was not being used as a suppressor mount I would not be worried.

Thanks
Tyrensy

Re: SOCOM Flash Hiders/Suppressor Adapters Rockset or Red Loctite?

Post by Tyrensy »

I have not used rockset yet. I keep using the same bottle of Red Loctite (262 or 263) I have on the bench.

I have used Loctite 263 on a 5.56 and .300BO that share a SiCo Omega can, a 5.56 that uses a Gemtech two lug can, and a 5.56 that uses a Surefire SOCOM.

Just because I say they all work just fine after thousands of rounds, doesn't mean they always will.
That said, they all work just fine.

A quick Google search shows that 262 is rated to some Mil-Spec for something. I use what they use at my work which is 263, and it states it is "oil tolerant." Both are "Loctite Red"

If you go with Loctite, and don't already have some, maybe look at Loctite 272 or 2620 (High Temp/Ultra High Temp)