BlackSide 45 LID question

Company specific discussions and announcements.
CinCity1911Grips

BlackSide 45 LID question

Post by CinCity1911Grips »

Hello all.
No postings here in over a year, so I hope somebody with some knowledge will see rhis and respond.
I've got a nearly 15-16 year old Blackside that has been living on a Kimber Tactical Custom II. Knock on wood, but I've had satisfying results using it on that gun.
Recently, I've been mulling over finding a way to use it on a Glock 17 of mine.
I realize that wanting to hang a can off a Glock barrel typically means I need a booster/LID so I started looking around for one.
I happened to find an old new stock Gemtech Multimount LID adapter at a LGS. I can't find any info on which LID would be compatible with the Blackside. I can't find any online or local source of a Gemtech Blackside LID adapter either.
Does anyone know if the MM LID adapter would work? Are they same OD as whatever LID is typically put on the Blackside? Do they use the same threading to mount to the end of the can?
I know the Blackside is supposed to be a sealed can, but..... My Blackside's end plate can be removed if necessary when it's heated up after some range time. So, that isn't an issue for me...
Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
mrn2itiv

Re: BlackSide 45 LID question

Post by mrn2itiv »

I know this thread is a few months old, but I thought I'd respond in case you haven't found a solution to your problem, or in case anyone else is facing something similar. I created an account on here just to post this. Anyway, I was having trouble sourcing a LID for a Gemtech Lunar 9 which uses the MM9 mount from the Gemtech GM9. They're pretty much on galactic backorder from Gemtech and nobody seems to have them. Through some digging on old forums, I found GSL Technology, who apparently either designed, built (or both) that mounting system. Anyway, their pistol suppressors use the same system, and they have compatible booster/piston systems in stock. Anyway, if you're having problems sourcing these types of devices from Gemtech, give GSL a shout. They may be able to help. Hope this info is helpful to others out there.

https://gsltechnology.com
CinCity1911Grips

Re: BlackSide 45 LID question

Post by CinCity1911Grips »

Thanks for the pointer. I'll definitely give them a look.