Gemtech .22 Ammo

Company specific discussions and announcements.
smullen

Gemtech .22 Ammo

Post by smullen »

I got am email today that Gemtech had their .22 ammo back in stock... Right on!!!! I'ma order me some for Christmas!!!!

NOPE! By the time I get home from work, less than two hours, it was already out again... Same thing happened last time....

My local gun shop, (who sells it pretty close to what it goes for online and he) can't keep it in stock either...

Its obvious this s--t sell like Hot cakes, be nice if they could up the production some...

This stuff seems to be the most quite, most accurate and most reliable in any of my .22s with my Sparrow...
LARUEMINATI
NRA Life Endowment Member
sundazes

Re: Gemtech .22 Ammo

Post by sundazes »

Same thing happened to me. Then I found that SWFA had it in stock for 4.99 for 50.

http://swfa.com/Gemtech-Ammunition-22LR ... 70677.aspx

Still in stock as of tonight.
smullen

Post by smullen »

sundazes wrote:Same thing happened to me. Then I found that SWFA had it in stock for 4.99 for 50.

http://swfa.com/Gemtech-Ammunition-22LR ... 70677.aspx

Still in stock as of tonight.
Thanks Bro... Ordered me good handfull!!
LARUEMINATI
NRA Life Endowment Member
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

499.95 for 5000 at targetsportsusa.com with almost free shipping, 7.36 for insurance. They were in stock yesterday when I placed my order.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

The GemTech .22 subsonic is loud to me and my friends. S&B and Aquilla subs are far, far quieter and just as accurate when shooting a C-zone steel at 25 yards. One is usually not playing bullseye when shooting a .22 pistol with a suppressor.
George from Alaska
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I'll give you a nickel if you can get gemtech to tell you who makes it for them. We both know good and well that gemtech doesn't.

Sorry, that was sarcasm.

Just buy some CCI.
I don't care what your chart says
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

John A. wrote:I'll give you a nickel if you can get gemtech to tell you who makes it for them. We both know good and well that gemtech doesn't.

Sorry, that was sarcasm.

Just buy some CCI.
I did buy, ahem, a bit of CCI standard when it finally became available up at normal prices here after Sandy Hook fever died down, and right becore the election. I get a kick out of the CCI "Quiet 22". Its so laughably quiet. I may have bought enough ammo, components and guns to last until my grandchildren's kids need some....
George from Alaska
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

The reason that I recommended CCI, is I'm fairly certain they make them and just brand them for gemtech.

Even if you look at the product specs/description for the gemtech at brownells (or maybe it was midway), it shows cci as the manufacturer.
I don't care what your chart says
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Oddly, Gemtech's Silencer Subsonics average around 905fps for me from a 10" barrel, slower than CCI SV from the same barrel by 40fps, but they're slightly louder. Different burn rate I guess.
Accumulator

Post by Accumulator »

Gemtech 22 ammo has a 42 gr bullet vs CCI stnd vel's 40 gr.

Doesn't sound like much but it is 5 percent heavier.