Gemtech is trash now that they're owned by S&W, charged for parts and repair I didn't recieve.

Company specific discussions and announcements.
Illuminaughty
Senior Silent Operator

Gemtech is trash now that they're owned by S&W, charged for parts and repair I didn't recieve.

Post by Illuminaughty »

Just got my Gemtech Blackside in 45 back after they had it for about 6 months, they didn't do anything to it, no parts, no nothing.

I called customer service today and they said that they couldn't add the LID to my device because they didn't make the baffles for it anymore.

I asked why they couldn't use the baffles that were in it and they said because they were too dirty or damaged.

Okay, well I have an a ultrasonic cleaner. If it's too dirty that's an easy fix.

Nope, that doesn't matter. So it's not just too dirty like you just told me. Is it dangerous to shoot because the baffles are damaged? Did you send me back a dangerous to use product?

Nope, the baffles aren't damaged, they're fine to use. So why can't I get a LID mounted on my Blackside again?

Again the customer service rep (who I kind of doubt has ever fired a gun in their life) repeats over and over that they can't put a LID on it because my baffles are either too dirty or damaged to be reused, and they no longer stock the replacement baffles for that gun.

Literally just giving me a run around for the sake of giving me a run around.

They won't even sell me a LID and let me take it to another, more competent manufacturer.

I'd avoid gemtech at all costs. They're basically scammers now since they have been bought out by S&W. What a joke. I hear even S&W is in the dumpster. Their better business bureau has over 60 unresolved complaints.

Gemtech was bought out by Smith and Wesson before their stock crashed to next to nothing of value because of their CEO (in a genius move) telling everyone they're trying to get out of the gun business. How stupid can you possibly be to say something like that?

The whole thing has been unreal.

Stay away from Gemtech. They're garbage tier now. Hi-Point has better customer service than S&W or Gemtech at this point. Looks like S&W is going to take down Thompson Contender along with them.
mbogo300

Re: Gemtech is trash now that they're owned by S&W, charged for parts and repair I didn't recieve.

Post by mbogo300 »

What did they charge you for if they did no work?
12 stamps and looking for one to put in jail. . :mrgreen:
Illuminaughty
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Gemtech is trash now that they're owned by S&W, charged for parts and repair I didn't recieve.

Post by Illuminaughty »

mbogo300 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:05 am What did they charge you for if they did no work?
Apparently they charged me for anticipating parts and work.

They told me my baffles were too old, dirty, or damaged, and because of that, my suppressor could not accommodate a LID.
mbogo300

Post by mbogo300 »

File for a charge-back with your credit card company.
12 stamps and looking for one to put in jail. . :mrgreen:
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

Well that sucks. I bought an Outback back when Phil Dater was actively working there. Great company at that time.