Video of the Minigun suppressor.

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: James DeGroat

gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Re: Video of the Minigun suppressor.

Post by gsyoung54 »

Yes... I've been following this for quite sometime now.
When I was just getting into suppresors (AWC/Dater in the late '70s/early 80's) and my SOT license I ordered every suppressor/silencer book I could find... fascinating early stuff! I've talked to Lynn McWilliams and his wife, Doc Dater (a really cool guy who will give you a brief but unhurried conversation) and even Reed Knight. Bought and talked to Bill Flemming/Flemming Firearms... the S&H guys and many others.
I do remember reading where Mitch Werbell, I believe of Sionics, did put their 7.62 and 5.56 suppressors on GE miniguns in Vietnam. It was written that they were quite effective for only a short time becore they eroded/burned out. The Sionics suppressors I've owned and shot were just steel tubes with aluminum diffusers... not sure what theirs were. I've often wondered what Titanium, SS and Inconel wouid do today...
That is all for another year or 10.
George
George from Alaska
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

James it's been 13 years. Can we get a vid of the gun running with your can on it please?
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

I second the request for the video... I'm 67 and may be dead in another 13 years so please hurry it up... :)
George from Alaska