anger management and customer service

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: James DeGroat

LELANDWELDS

anger management and customer service

Post by LELANDWELDS »

I was reading with interest a review of the"Degroat Mk99 Mod 0 very pleased...w/video" in "silencer review" section of this site when a troll popped up and started to flame. Not exactly news or interesting. oh well.

The interesting part was James DeGroat was paying attention. He researched and found this was a legit customer who bought two years ago but had never complained to the mfg. Mr DeGroat then offered his customer a remedy that was beyond fair. Impressive. Mr. DeGroat even shared a story about the arbitrary ATF adding difficulty to successfully completing another customer's order.

I wish my cell phone provider was this good.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Re: anger management and customer service

Post by yamatitan »

hmm guess there are two opinions here I would never let that go in a product I built its unacceptable unless it is known ahead of time (wasnt) and there was a discount on the scratch and dent product (wasnt).
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

I do try to give the best customer service I can give and if anyone ever has an issue, I would like them to contact me to see if we can help resolve it.

As to the customer that is being mentioned, his suppressor had a serious discount on it when he purchased it.

He also waited over two years before he ever mentioned anything and he done it on the boards and never once contacted me.

Even still he would rather keep the suppressor than take me up on the refund offer.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

I've been posting and lurking on these boards for years. I can say this isn't the first time Mr. DeGroat has really shown in the realm of customer service. Upstanding guy.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

James DeGroat wrote:I do try to give the best customer service I can give and if anyone ever has an issue, I would like them to contact me to see if we can help resolve it.

As to the customer that is being mentioned, his suppressor had a serious discount on it when he purchased it.

He also waited over two years before he ever mentioned anything and he done it on the boards and never once contacted me.

Even still he would rather keep the suppressor than take me up on the refund offer.
Well if he got a serious discount my opinion changes a little but if the defect wasnt known its still pretty messed up. I can understand why he doesnt want a refund because you cant get back the time waiting for a new stamp.
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

yamatitan wrote:
James DeGroat wrote:I do try to give the best customer service I can give and if anyone ever has an issue, I would like them to contact me to see if we can help resolve it.

Well if he got a serious discount my opinion changes a little but if the defect wasnt known its still pretty messed up. I can understand why he doesnt want a refund because you cant get back the time waiting for a new stamp.
The way I see it, the customer has got his time/moneys worth, as from the looks of his videos he shoots the suppressor often.

I think getting a full refund after 2 years of use and enjoyment minus the tax stamp is a pretty good deal.

That would be like buying a new car driving it for two years and getting a full refund of the purchase price back from the manufacturer minus tax and gas. I'm pretty sure we all would take them up on that offer, even if we didn't get the gas and tax money back.
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

James DeGroat wrote:
yamatitan wrote:

The way I see it, the customer has got his time/moneys worth, as from the looks of his videos he shoots the suppressor often.

I think getting a full refund after 2 years of use and enjoyment minus the tax stamp is a pretty good deal.

That would be like buying a new car driving it for two years and getting a full refund of the purchase price back from the manufacturer minus tax and gas. I'm pretty sure we all would take them up on that offer, even if we didn't get the gas and tax money back.
I agree your offer is a good deal, but I your comparison is invalid. Its more like getting a car shipped to you finding out that the paint job as been keyed down the whole car but you have to drive it because otherwise you wouldnt have a car then they offfer a full refund 2 years later. And yes its still a good offer and I would probably take them up on it.
LELANDWELDS

Post by LELANDWELDS »

I have had buyers from key accounts make changes or stick me with merchandise no one else wanted. My immediate response was to either get a RGA (not possible here) or make someone a smokin deal.

As a customer, I personally would be bragging about the great deal I was smart enough to grab. Taking the deal, never complaining to the OEM, and then trashing in a forum where others are considering purchases?? From a distance, not as classy a move as the OEM's response.

I am really interested in OEMs and dealers who behave well.
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

This keeps coming up :lol: it's my fault, I was having a really bad week and had a hella bad shift at work when I complained. And yamatitan is correct, I waited and paid for a stamp and don't want to give it up. And yes it was discounted but as a sale, I wasn't told of the defect. And the videos I have on YouTube are old, I have 9 cans now and I never shoot the mk9 or my archangel anymore. My friends that are beretta nuts put rounds through it.

And even though I used the preferred threader (TT) stated in the manual i have wear on one side of the inside lip of the end cap where the sides of bullets have worn it. This causes major POI shift. Even at 7 yards the combo shoots 3" left. At 100 yards I can hit a gong 6/10 times with my usp45/osprey but the beretta/mk9 is like 3 feet off. It's good for loading with grease and fucking around with it in the backyard. It's not a quiet can but hell, cans these days are progressing so fast it's really not fair to say the mk9 is loud...... It used to be quiet but not compared to current offerings.

And yes, James did handle the situation well after I blew up on him. I commend him for keeping his cool. Like I said I had a fucked up call the day before and I took it out on him, s--t happens and I apologized. I don't think I would have bought the can had I been told it had a blemish, I'm just weird like that. I'd rather have a fresh easel that I ad character too.

I've been looking at avenues for a recore on it but with quotes at $400...... F--k I'd be better just using the money on another 9 can down the road when the industry makes another technological leap. I'm rambling. Lol

I'll end in saying that James didn't mean any harm, I'm not happy with the can, but I'd still buy from him in the future. Cya
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
Obin Robinson

Post by Obin Robinson »

James DeGroat wrote:
yamatitan wrote:

I'm not sure if you remember me but I bought one of your Mk9 Mod 0 cans in late 2008 and took delivery of it after returning from Iraq in 2009. I spoke with you over the phone and we exchanged several e-mails. Not only was your customer service top notch but it remains of the main reasons why I keep sending people in your direction. Your expertise along with good customer service reinforced my belief that I was getting the best product that I could buy from a person who would stand behind it.

Over 2 years later I still am using the same suppressor. I've shot more suppressed rounds through my 90-Two than I have unsuppressed yet the can you built has stood up like a champ. My best estimate is 3,000 rounds or so. I wouldn't expect you to take the can back and I don't ever anticipate needing to send it. It is nice knowing that not only do you have the patience to deal with unsavory customers but you'll stand behind what you sell. Thanks again for making great products and making them available. The NFA industry needs more people like this.

obin :D
James DeGroat

Post by James DeGroat »

Obin Robinson wrote:I'm not sure if you remember me but I bought one of your Mk9 Mod 0 cans in late 2008 and took delivery of it after returning from Iraq in 2009. I spoke with you over the phone and we exchanged several e-mails. Not only was your customer service top notch but it remains of the main reasons why I keep sending people in your direction. Your expertise along with good customer service reinforced my belief that I was getting the best product that I could buy from a person who would stand behind it.

Over 2 years later I still am using the same suppressor. I've shot more suppressed rounds through my 90-Two than I have unsuppressed yet the can you built has stood up like a champ. My best estimate is 3,000 rounds or so. I wouldn't expect you to take the can back and I don't ever anticipate needing to send it. It is nice knowing that not only do you have the patience to deal with unsavory customers but you'll stand behind what you sell. Thanks again for making great products and making them available. The NFA industry needs more people like this.

obin :D
Hello Obin,

Yep I remember you.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad to see you are getting some good use out of your suppressor.

If there is anything I can help you with in the future, just let me know.

(sorry for the delay in the reply, I haven't been online here in a while).

Thanks
James DeGroat
President
www.ArmamentSales.com