What makes the NANO special?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: James DeGroat

LELANDWELDS

What makes the NANO special?

Post by LELANDWELDS »

I like the titanium monocore but I thought wipes died out in the '60s?

I am missing something.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: What makes the NANO special?

Post by Bendersquint »

LELANDWELDS wrote:I like the titanium monocore but I thought wipes died out in the '60s?

I am missing something.
Can't comment on the NaNo as I would love to get to run one.

But I can comment on wipes. They didn't die in the 60's. What dd die about wipes is using them in full sized cans or using full wipe stacks. Wipes nowadays are only generally used on cans that are 'micro' sized, as sound reduction is never that great to begin with the wipe increases that reduction.

-B
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

Gotta have wipes in such a small form factor. I've got the TM Poseidon (slightly larger, aluminum, quieter wet and wiped due to extra volume most likely) and dry unwiped it does take the edge off, but not quiet by any stretch. Wet and wiped it is very pleasant to shoot for about 10-15 rounds. Then it is pretty much time to recharge and I maybe replace the wipe after 2-3 mags. I'd love to have them both, the Nano is calling my name at some point.
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Wipes will die the day somebody figures out how to make a micro can as quiet as a full size can without them. But on that day full size cans will probably die as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

doubloon wrote:Wipes will die the day somebody figures out how to make a micro can as quiet as a full size can without them. But on that day full size cans will probably die as well.
+1, its in the works!

-B
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Bendersquint wrote:
doubloon wrote:Wipes will die the day somebody figures out how to make a micro can as quiet as a full size can without them. But on that day full size cans will probably die as well.
+1, its in the works!

-B
Dibs on serial # 1 :wink:
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Selectedmarksman wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
+1, its in the works!

-B
Dibs on serial # 1 :wink:
Might be able to work a #2 out for a returning, returning customer, but #1's stay in house!

-B
LELANDWELDS

Post by LELANDWELDS »

So, if this was .22lr only the designer probably wouldn't have bothered with the wipes? 9mm and lesser out of the same can is pretty impressive.

I notice there is no booster. Is this light enough to work on a SIG P22x or a 1911? I am not a fan of the Beretta 92.

I should expect to replace the wipes every 30 rounds?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

LELANDWELDS wrote:So, if this was .22lr only the designer probably wouldn't have bothered with the wipes? 9mm and lesser out of the same can is pretty impressive.

I notice there is no booster. Is this light enough to work on a SIG P22x or a 1911? I am not a fan of the Beretta 92.

I should expect to replace the wipes every 30 rounds?
Replace wipes about every 10-15 rounds. Most won't cycled a Sig regardless of the weight, that barrel needs every bit of help it can to cycle. Will definitely not cycle a 1911.

Even 22lr with a can that size you would need wipes with his design.

-B
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

My Poseidon cycles my p228 no problem. Not sure what the weight comparison is though. But I've never had it not cycle. YMMV.
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

My Poseidon has cycled on my circa 1995 P229 and my P226, I haven't had a problem yet on the P229 but I have had one or two feed problems on the P226 which is newer and I assume tighter. The P229 was the intended main host anyway so I don't sweat it much, I fired it enough to have confidence I can empty a couple magazines through it in the wee hours should the need arise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Maybe I stand corrected..........will make a small wiped can and do some testing see if things have changed since I shot them.

-B
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Nano has several plus's -
small - light weight - reasonably quiet - low FRP - able to use factory sights on all firearms I have tried
- shot 50 rounds sub sonic 22 without changing 1/4" PU wipe or recharging - (sorry for the crappy cell phone impromptu vid)
Holding bolt closed made it sound like BB pistol. Had my friend shoot from rear of car and I was in front sounded like someone popping bubblewrap

functioned fine on Sig 225 9mm
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/ ... 111240.mp4

Makes small package with small gun (8 1/2x11 size box would work for transport in this case -smaller on smaller gun of course)

Disadvantage need to replace the wipes and must recharge sooner on 9mm weapons (about 2 mags starts to get louder).

Accuracy was good enough to hit a truck rim 50 yards away with SIG and Silverbear.

First Hollowpoint shot made it's own pilot hole for remaining rounds fired for rest of hollow points will not have any plug in them.
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

Artful wrote: First Hollowpoint shot made it's own pilot hole for remaining rounds fired for rest of hollow points will not have any plug in them.
I'd been wondering about shooting through a Nano with hollow-points. Thanks! I should only be a few weeks away from being able to take mine home. :D
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!