Savage MK II

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

firstsgtsteiner
Silent Operator

Re: Savage MK II

Post by firstsgtsteiner »

Baffled wrote:
firstsgtsteiner wrote:Boyds took some work, its a rough cut and needs a lot of finishing and bedding.... also quite heavy for a .22..... all in all i love it though.
Really? I am surprised. Was your rifle different, like thicker barrel or something? Mine dropped in. It took a little force, but no tools. I did have to work one of the holes for the trigger guard a bit, but nothing like "professional assembly required."

LOVE my Savage. It sits ready and loaded to put away any pests that need to be sent to the void. Over the summer, these little bastards (tree rats) had gnawed a hole in the eaves of my house and had taken residence in the attic. I place myself in a tactical position - took me a day to low crawl into place :lol: - then I popped the commanding squirrel with a CCI target round. Some spasms, and down he went. What a great combination of rifle, stock, silencer, and optics. I think I'm getting quarter-sized groups at 40+ yards with mine.
I have the stock bull barrel, its not that it didn't drop in, it was just rough, and needed a lot of sanding then bedding in the action area. I'm getting the same accuracy on mine, theres a lot of people on rimfire talk and such that are saying they're getting almost moa accuracy and 100 yards, but I'm not seeing that personally.
Sparrow_27

Re: Savage MK II

Post by Sparrow_27 »

Boyds took some work, its a rough cut and needs a lot of finishing and bedding
I must have gotten a good one also, mine was smooth and dropped in just fine.
Silencerco SS Sparrow