Bathroom question.

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

husker71 wrote:Use only the zipper...........don't cut yourself. In the stall, set it on the paper dispenser. :roll:
Most paper dispensers are not flat and are designed so people won't:

Put their smoke there (it is more likely to roll off)

Use as a shelf to cut lines on, snort drugs or put pills on.

Us as shelf for their "works" spoon etc to shoot up.

MOST paper dispensers are significantly sloped so they will not be used as a handy work bench.

I have found this to be true the last 2 times I was going #2 with my pistol and used the hammock method.

Maybe they also do this so people won't put things there and forget them, but I think it's more to prevent people from using the stall as a place to do drugs.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
SSorey

When you got to go, you've got to go!

Post by SSorey »

I carry a 340 M&P J frame in my pocket in an Uncle Mikes in the pocket holster. Taking a leak has never been any problem, long pants, shorts, dress pants it does not matter. Taking a dump poses its on special situation depending on cloathing. I've never had a problem, however, I am very aware when I sit not to let it drop out or bang the floor.

ALSO...ALWAYS DO A PAT-DOWN BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE STALL TO MAKE SURE ALL IS WELL. Not only for weapons, but bill folds, cell phones, etc. I do NOT recommend hanging your coat, bag, or other garments with your gun in them on the hanger, or putting your gun on the TP despinser. 1: it can fall off. 2: someone may reach over the top to steal your jacket, and oops, they've now got a new gun. 3: If you get in a hurry, or something happens you could leave it behind, not good, and 4: you may need it and if its not on you its more likely to end up for grabs.
Cavediver762

Post by Cavediver762 »

Surprised, must not be many LEOs treading this, specifically females who don't have a choice of standing using a zipper only.

If you're carrying with a belt rig, the duty belt method would seem to work when deuce-dropping. Take your belt and lower it to the top of your calves, refasten it to the tightest hole and spread your legs to provide adequate tension against the belt (which should be riding the top of your calves.) Option B would be the underwear taint area unless you've already had a jailbreak in said s--t-emergency.
kingair76py

Re: Bathroom question.

Post by kingair76py »

after reading the first 10 post, then the (stall pic) i about shat myself laughing.... hold the pistol and drop a deauce lol... yall are some funny bastages... :lol:
Greg Kulbick
Silent But Deadly

Post by Greg Kulbick »

I don't poo in foreign toilets. Only in unavoidable emergency situations will I tread on unfamiliar ground to show someone else's toilet who its boss is. I even leave work to go home if I can. I'm 30 and can just about gaurantee there are fewer than a dozen times I've dooked somewhere public since I've been out of diapers.
www.renegade-armament.com
01 FFL/03 SOT
misfit762
Silent But Deadly

Post by misfit762 »

Zipper for #1

Remove it from the holster for #2
LIVE FREE OR DIE!
silverbulletexpress
Silent But Deadly

Post by silverbulletexpress »

Since I always carry a full size 1911 45 Auto I use the Pirate Method. It has the additional benefit of giving you something to bear down on when that impacted burrito comes out sideways. I do make sure and clean my weapon as soon as I can to remove residual saliva but the teeth marks just add coolness.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, 1785
flip
Elite Member

Post by flip »

Greg Kulbick wrote:I don't poo in foreign toilets. Only in unavoidable emergency situations will I tread on unfamiliar ground to show someone else's toilet who its boss is. I even leave work to go home if I can. I'm 30 and can just about gaurantee there are fewer than a dozen times I've dooked somewhere public since I've been out of diapers.

This is my favored approach when possible but I have IBS so most of the time when the bottom is ready to drop the nearest porciline I can waddle to is where the magic happens :oops:
mace

Post by mace »

Depends on the gun and carry method. Using the zipper for #1 shouldn't cause problems with anything, unless of course you have Thunderware maybe. As for #2, I carry in a tuckable IWB, so it doesn't really stay at the belt properly unless it's on your waist. But I find that if I unbuckle and unzip and hold the holster and pants with one hand, I can lower it to the ground slowly and let the gun and holster combo flop over so it's kind of lying in the hammock. Reverse to pull pants back up.
WIDOWMAKER

Post by WIDOWMAKER »

As “counter predators” we always try to travel in condition yellow prepared to jump to red for conflict resolution. Taking a s--t certainly does pose its own special circumstances depending on clothing, type of gun and method of concealed carry. I am on the road in strange lands quite a bit as part of my work and use public restrooms often. I CWP an HK .45 CT in either a customized Ross cross-draw holster or customized Galco low back holster along with a S&W 340PD Airlite in either a Renegade ankle holster or Uncle Mike’s size 3 pocket holster as backup at all times in addition to the two Emerson 3.4” Super Karambit BT folders. Yeah, I’m scared of everything! If the below stated condition yellow measures violate the spirit of CWP carry please let me know.

Situational awareness and the use of public restrooms:
Avoid use of public restrooms when and if at all possible.
If unavoidable, locate the safest area to s--t in if possible.
Conduct a “site survey” to identify places of likely opposition and danger areas.
Avoid using standing urinals even if you’re only pissing. This is a disadvantaged position to be in.
Always note if the stall door lock is functional or not. It may have been intentionally broken with the intent of “jamming” you in the stall.
Never hang your gun on the door or place it to the side in a public restroom while you take a s--t. This is another disadvantaged position to be in.
Always choose the corner handicapped stall when possible secondary to the following reasons:
Usually offers at least 36”of space around the toilet making it more difficult for someone to reach under divider to grab weapon or cut you.
Provides elevated 17” toilet making it less likely for weapon to be visible to others under the divider if you choose to maintain sidearm in holster.
Elevated 17” toilet also makes it easier to maintain tension on waistband with knees and keep rig belt just above knees or calves while sitting thus permitting faster access if sidearm remains holstered.
Usually are located in a corner stall so sidearm can be pointed in safe direction away from other people in side stall.
Usually are equipped with emergency pull cord to alert others for physical assistance.
Usually are more sanitary than other more regularly used standard toilets.
Usually are never in use.

Use of the preferred sitting technique:
Never drop your rig belt and pants/shorts to the ground.
Take your rig belt/trousers and lower them to just above your knees or calves.
Maintain a grip on your sidearm with your strong hand and a grip on your rig belt/waistband with your weak hand until seated.
Refasten rig belt as tight as possible.
Spread your legs as far as possible to maintain adequate tension against the rig belt and waistband. Your holster will remain static at your knee or calves as long as you keep your legs spread maintaining tension.
Unholster sidearm with strong hand.
Maintain grip on sidearm resting on the thigh, finger off trigger, but at the ready for point/target-focused shooting with no sight picture. This enhances your ability to measure your response time in feet per second and give a personal face to the predator’s death.
While taking a s--t, conduct mental rehearsals of best combat reactions to a predator who attempts to “jam” you in the stall.
While taking a s--t, listen to your environment and be conscious of your surroundings. Hearing should become your primary sense in this condition and maintain a watch under the divider.
Take this time to “mentally prepare” for psychological and physiological stress of violent encounters that might occur in the future and think about “what if” scenarios. Practice mental imagery of deadly force encounters.
Reholster before standing up.
Conduct sensitive items check and scan/listen for predators.

Your lifestyle should not be comfortable. It should be comforting.

“Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.”-George Washington
Last edited by WIDOWMAKER on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bend and don't break, preyer of others has been preyed upon. Hold to the last round...
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

From the LEO perspective.....
I consider the dookie act in civilization as second only to surgery. To be done in as sterile and secure zone as possible, which means training your body to do the deed during known time windows... at home. If you're LEO in uniform, and a BG decides to launch a public toilet ambush, the boots and pant bottoms are gonna give you away no matter where your duty belt is.

On duty, in the case of an absolute turtlehead, next 60 sec. type, unavoidable launch event, I'll use a (semi) secure area like the office or a safe house (fire station). (Always be nice to the firemen. Cleanest buncha humans one could ever want to meet. Bathrooms always sparkly clean, smelling like bleach and disinfectant.) Only remember doing this twice though.

Off duty, I'd get a hotel room. (I kid you not) I would no more take a crap in a public restroom than self perform an appendectomy.

No s--t. :mrgreen:
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
xdeano
Silent But Deadly

Post by xdeano »

There was just a Fargo PD that was in a sporting goods store week before last that was using using the head and left her pistol on the toilet, luckily there was a store attendant that went to the head after her and found the pistol. They called the PD and she's under review now i guess.

xdeano
jcsanders79

Post by jcsanders79 »

If you do place it on top of toilet or towel dispenser DON'T FORGET IT!!!

I found a loaded .38 on top of a public restroom once. At a kids Easter egg hunt my company was throwing. The dumb bitch that left it in the heavily used unisex bathroom could have caused a huge accident. She was lucky to get the gun back but she didn't get any bullets.

I had been trying to take a piss for a few minutes but there was a constant line of kids (10 and younger). It was extremely lucky that I found the gun. It was one of the S&W Titanium framed ones so it kind of looked like a toy.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

Sterling Archer wrote:It's an underwear gun, don't make it weird.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
Kembativz

Re:

Post by Kembativz »

Dweezil wrote:
GaLEO wrote:take your handgun from it's place of concealment and set it here, that way you don't forget it, and if some Senator is next to you tapping his foot with a wide stance you can defend yourself......
What he said. Works well. I'd probably forget it if I hung it off the coat hook. :roll:

If you take a flying armed course they tell you to do it like this guy put the gun on top of your underwear and any extra mags too. Glad he took this picture.
MD3C
Silent Operator

Post by MD3C »

I always do the 3101 thing also.
M
USE OF DEADLY FORCE AUTHORIZED
Ironballs

Post by Ironballs »

Note: this came from a my post on another from, I thought it was applicable.

...it was a problem, until I had great gear.
http://www.abetterbeltusa.com/the-ultimate-belt/

By far this is my favorite belt. Some others that did not make the cut up against abetterbelt.

The belt has made me more confident to OWB carry, no fear of going big.

A G35 strong side. Conceals with a long shirt.
I edc a G33, G17, or G23.

I cannot review the belt without addressing the restroom.
Weaker belts have led some to create some interesting solutions for using the public restroom.
-The all too common & most dangerous step of removing the firearm from the holster.
-Ive herd of some belting to their knees.
-The 'hammock'.
-W/o this belt, I have had the entire holster inverted in the stall, luckily the holster retains the firearm, usually.
-This belt completed my proper gear package. It is so stiff, that you can drop trousers on your shoes w/o flipping or changing its angle.
No pix of this :tongueout:
www.SinFullLashes.com

Liberty Freedom - Saker 5.56- Osprey 45 - Spectre 2 - TM Wasp
Prison: Mystic X - SureFire Ryder 22a

*Outback II? Theft/Incompetence? @Davidsons's Firearms Henderson NV.
kbs2244
Silent But Deadly

Post by kbs2244 »

I am kind of new to this, but I came up with this idea.
I have never had to use it.
I am a once a day, first thing in the morning type guy.

But I got some of those around your neck lanyards that you use to carry your ID.
A small “carbineer” snap lock ring like they use as key rings.
(I got mine a the cash register of my gas station.)

When you go into the stall the lanyard goes around your neck and the trigger guard goes into the carbineer.

I have three of these that are just in the bottom of the pocket of three jackets I wear the most.
I guess the lanyard could be made of anything from paracord to a boot lace to cloths line.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

kbs2244 wrote:I am kind of new to this, ...and the trigger guard goes into the carbineer...
I know you're heart's in the right place, and I admire your creativity.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!... Where does the muzzle of the subject handgun end up, or what does it "cover" when it's suspended around your neck? Want you to think about that... please.

NOTHING, I mean NOTHING, goes into my trigger guard except my finger. (With the possible exception of a trigger lock.)
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
weaponsloader
Silent But Deadly

Post by weaponsloader »

Glory shot!!! I'm a hammock guy as well.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill every person you meet."
KylieK

Post by KylieK »

Thank you so much for this information, I was looking for something like that. Besides, guys, can you please recommend me some resources with plumbing tips?
GloriaH

Post by GloriaH »

Well, if you are looking for such tips then as for me, I would like to propose you to pay attention to this website about different plumbing emergencies and there you can also check some tips that can be super useful in such cases. I hope that thanks to them you will understand what to do to avoid these situations.