Springfield XDS-4.0 .45 threaded barrel availability?

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Jer
Silent Operator

Springfield XDS-4.0 .45 threaded barrel availability?

Post by Jer »

Got a question for you fine folks:

I am considering getting a Springfield .45, specifically the XDS 4" barrel.
This will be mostly a dedicated CCW weapon as I am buying it specifically for it's thinness and will be wearing it with a suit on most days. Also, before anyone mentions unreliability and recalls - the 4" version of the XDS was never a part of the recall and didn't have the issues.

Anyway, my questions are:

Does anyone know anywhere that I can get a threaded barrel for the Springfield XDS-4.0 .45? I want to be able to use my suppressor with it. And before someone gives me the inevitable question of why I want to use weapon as my host, let me say - It's not the primary and it's not for CCW - its for fun and at the range. I have a suppressor for a .45 - so why NOT have the ability to use it with this weapon when I want to?

I've searched and searched and I've found threaded barrels for the XD Service or the XD-M but not for the XDS 4.0 .45... in the 3.3 inch yes - but not for a 4 inch...

Looking for guidance on this.
Thanks.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, shall make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy.
Jer
Silent Operator

Re: Springfield XDS-4.0 .45 threaded barrel availability?

Post by Jer »

I contacted every mainstream manufacturer of barrels and the only positive response I got was from Bar-Sto Precision Machine who said they ARE going to be making them - but they don't yet know when availability will happen..

Took this photo yesterday of my SDX-4.0 .45 ACP.

I love this gun.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, shall make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy.
tykaboom

Re: Springfield XDS-4.0 .45 threaded barrel availability?

Post by tykaboom »

Bar-Sto has it posted on their website for order now, $315.00
https://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=XDS&cco=128