Form 1 9mm build baffle help

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Easttexas3d

Form 1 9mm build baffle help

Post by Easttexas3d »

I’m about to start a 9mm can and trying to get ideas for the best baffle setup. I’m going to use an SDTA titanium 8 inch B can, sdta booster and TI endcap. 1.150 ID. What baffle setup would you most recommend? I’d like k baffles but can’t find where to buy them or good plans for machining some. I have access to a machine shop but they need drawings.

Right now I’m thinking 2 inch blast chamber with liner, 2 stainless radial baffles with 1/2 spacer between and then 6 60 degree TI baffles spaced evenly. I know a K setup will differ from that.
#40Fan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 1 9mm build baffle help

Post by #40Fan »

John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

1.150" ID is on the small side for my taste. That's barely 1-1/8". The OD is of my integral 22 can is larger than that.

You could in reality do the D cell and gain some internal volume, which will still work OK with a booster without being too heavy unless you are just wanting a small can.

K's are good. I like the old school Omega style baffles. The Kraken baffle is supposed to be real good too.

I don't know where you'd buy any of the above though.
I don't care what your chart says
Easttexas3d

Post by Easttexas3d »

It’s for a glock 17 build. Needing a small enough can to still use my sights and rmr. Need to measure center of barrel to sights.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I'm sure there are suppressor sight heights for Glocks, which sit up higher to accommodate larger diameter cans if that's what you're worried about.
I don't care what your chart says
Easttexas3d

Post by Easttexas3d »

I’m running Trijicon suppressor height cowitnessing an RMR now. Just need to see the max diameter can I can use and see over.
Easttexas3d

Post by Easttexas3d »

Also, can I order any parts before form 1 is received back? Or is it best to wait?
How trustworthy is SDTA?