"Custom" suppressor height sights?

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

greyeyes

"Custom" suppressor height sights?

Post by greyeyes »

I've been looking high and low trying to figure out what sights can be made to fit a Regent BR9. I'm not sure if the sight cut on this Hi-Power clone is anything industry standard, or if it's something unique. What I DO know though (Or I think I know, now that I've spent a fair bit of time looking) is that there's nothing off the shelf for a Hi-Power in terms of suppressor height sights. Can anyone point me to an outfit that can either make me something, or get something else to fit this thing? The only outfit I've gotten in touch with at this point that sounded like they had any degree of certainty was Cylinder & Slide, who said they could probably get Novak adjustables to fit, but they weren't sure there would be enough adjustment to get zero for 1911 sights going on to a Hi-Power slide, which I think has more of a slope to it.

Anyone have any input on who I should look to to solve my problem?
USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Re: "Custom" suppressor height sights?

Post by USMC0351 »

Dawson's sights are usually pretty tall at around .200". You might call them and see if they're familiar with the model, or willing to do an install. Most any competent gunsmith should be able to find something close and fit them.

https://dawsonprecision.com/gun-sights/ ... l=Hi-Power