Need guidance on a threaded barrel for a Glock 19

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Need guidance on a threaded barrel for a Glock 19

Post by daviscustom »

Shopping for a threaded barrel for my Glock 19, originally had a Lone Wolf that either has evaporated or I sold it to fund another project and forgot about it. Anyway if I still own it, I can’t find it.... and it sounds like even if I knew where it was it may not have been the best choice to run a suppressor on. It sounds like most people have great luck with them until they mount a can.

Anyway it appears Silencerco’s barrel may be a good choice, and they seem to be available at a reasonable price. That is the way I am leaning at the moment, just wanted to see if folks that have suppressed Glocks have any other recommendations.
The myopic majority will be our republic's undoing.
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need guidance on a threaded barrel for a Glock 19

Post by mbogo »

I use threaded Lone Wolf barrels in 9mm and .40S&W with my Glock 23 with no issues.

If you want to get a SiCo barrel, wait until they have one of their 40% off sales.
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen:
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

Are you using the new line of Lone Wolf or the original cheaper ones?

What does 40% get you down to? Haven't found them on their website (crappy signal where I am)....I can get them through Brownell’s for $150 and I have seen them around $120 on GB.
#40Fan
Silent But Deadly

Post by #40Fan »

daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

I like the prices, what can you tell me about them? You have experience running them suppressed?
#40Fan
Silent But Deadly

Post by #40Fan »

I don't own a Glock and never purchased anything from this company. Just saw this link recently on another forum and thought I'd share.
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

#40Fan wrote:I don't own a Glock and never purchased anything from this company. Just saw this link recently on another forum and thought I'd share.

Ok, I love a bargain as much as anyone, but I would prefer spending a bit more for a reliable performer instead of rolling the dice and ending up with a dud.

It is tempting... I will look a bit more for reviews and see what I find. It would be nice to find a video review where they actually shoot it with a suppressor....just found "unboxing" and "first impression" reviews so far.
LoboLoco

Post by LoboLoco »

I have a couple of Lone Wolf barrels that work just fine with suppressors (17,21).
Recently bought a Brownell's threaded barrel for Glock19 gen5mos that seems to be very accurate as well.
Be wary of those who seek to govern others. For while they proclaim their moral foundation, and noble intentions, make no mistake - they intend to govern others.
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

LoboLoco wrote:I have a couple of Lone Wolf barrels that work just fine with suppressors (17,21).
Recently bought a Brownell's threaded barrel for Glock19 gen5mos that seems to be very accurate as well.
Yeah I have seen good reviews on the Brownell's barrels but they are discontinued. The Lone Wolf and the SilCo barrels seem to be getting the most love in the "mid" price range and the SilencerCo barrels seem to be the cheaper of the two (street price), so I think that is what i am going to get.
Matt in TN
Silent Operator

Post by Matt in TN »

I'm not too far behind you on this project, so please post a report once you've tried it out. Have you decided on a thread pitch yet?
22: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=138952
30: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156481
9: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=696697