Bathroom question.

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

black flag

Bathroom question.

Post by black flag »

Ok, I know we're all adults here so I have a serious question to ask. If you CCW, how do you handle trips to the head? Always use a stall? Ankle carry? I plan to carry IWB or pocket, any issues with that? I know this probably sounds like a stupid question, but I'm actually curious. I've used the head to take a leak w/ my xd 45 tac, and it damn near drops my pants. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.
Savage 10 FP
XD 45 Tac
Rem 870
Taurus 85
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

Use your zipper only.
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
Wraith
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wraith »

kalikraven wrote:Use your zipper only.
Zipper only to whiz or if #2 is calling EASE your belt and pants/shorts to the ground to avoid a clank. If you're in a stall next to someone and are worried about someone seeing your piece take it out of the holster, make sure it's pointed in a safe direction and drop a deuce that way. Since I'm right handed I'll pick the corner stall that will allow me to drop my pants but have my gun and holster face the wall and not another stall. Funny how you have to think about more things than self defense when you start carrying seriously.
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Always out numbered, never outgunned.
Mom... Dad... I'm gaelic.
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3101 »

take your handgun from it's place of concealment and set it here, that way you don't forget it, and if some Senator is next to you tapping his foot with a wide stance you can defend yourself......
Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.
chevrofreak
Silent But Deadly

Post by chevrofreak »

I do not s--t in public rest rooms. Period.

At home I take the holster off and put it on a table or bed before I go to the bathroom.
"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem". (Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle.)
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

chevrofreak wrote:I do not s--t in public rest rooms. Period.

At home I take the holster off and put it on a table or bed before I go to the bathroom.
I bet you are young :P

Do the cop trick and hang the gun on the coat hook on the back of the door, just don't forget the gun and make sure you do not hit the trigger with the hook when you are removing it (both have happened according to news reports).
Last edited by Mongo on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
black flag

Post by black flag »

Thanks, good advice.
Savage 10 FP
XD 45 Tac
Rem 870
Taurus 85
chevrofreak
Silent But Deadly

Post by chevrofreak »

Mongo wrote:
chevrofreak wrote:I do not s--t in public rest rooms. Period.

I bet you are young :P
And I hope to stay that way :P
"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem". (Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle.)
nauss
Silent But Deadly

Post by nauss »

Just don't leave it in the stall like that female Lt. in the courthouse. 8)
thunderhole
Silent But Deadly

Post by thunderhole »

I'm with galeo. Keep your pants up around your knees and put your piece in your underwear. Never let it in the holster. I can't really imagine too many gun retention scenarios that would be worse than wrestling with someone under the divider in a bathroom with your pants down around your ankles.
"A long time ago being crazy meant something. Now everybody's crazy."-Charles Manson
HolyWeapon

Post by HolyWeapon »

thunderhole wrote:I'm with galeo. Keep your pants up around your knees and put your piece in your underwear. Never let it in the holster. I can't really imagine too many gun retention scenarios that would be worse than wrestling with someone under the divider in a bathroom with your pants down around your ankles.
That's where I put my cell phone... hah
no4mk1t
Silent But Deadly

Post by no4mk1t »

I carry a Kimber in a IWB. This is what I do.

Lower your trousers to just above your knees. Maintain a hold on your piece with your gun hand and your waistband with your off hand until seated.
Spread your legs as far as possible to maintain tension on your trousers waistband. Your gun will remain stationary at your knee as long as you keep your legs spread. No need to remove it from the holster, or expose it under the partition.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.
Harry S. Truman
Rgray
Elite Member

Post by Rgray »

HolyWeapon wrote:
thunderhole wrote:I'm with galeo. Keep your pants up around your knees and put your piece in your underwear. Never let it in the holster. I can't really imagine too many gun retention scenarios that would be worse than wrestling with someone under the divider in a bathroom with your pants down around your ankles.
That's where I put my cell phone... hah
+1

I leave my pistol in my pocket in its pocket holster.

If I have anything bigger than a Seecamp I hang it on the door, or set it between my legs with my cellphone.
CaseyJ

Post by CaseyJ »

no4mk1t wrote:I carry a Kimber in a IWB. This is what I do.

Lower your trousers to just above your knees. Maintain a hold on your piece with your gun hand and your waistband with your off hand until seated.
Spread your legs as far as possible to maintain tension on your trousers waistband. Your gun will remain stationary at your knee as long as you keep your legs spread. No need to remove it from the holster, or expose it under the partition.
This is what I do when I have to hit the head, it works well, just undo the belt, drop the pants below the ass and redo the belt. It is pretty simple, if I am going numero uno I just unzip and dont undo the belt.
CaseyJ

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
-Thomas Jefferson
lilfuzzybuny
Silent But Deadly

Post by lilfuzzybuny »

or ya'll can get a shoulder rig that clips to your belt and just pop the snaps and drop trou
smooth is learned, fast is practiced, precision is earned.
soohwa
Silent But Deadly

Post by soohwa »

Depends on what I'm carrying.

I'm a big fan of the "hammock" method :wink: If I got to take a leak, well I just keep tension on my belt with my non-firing hand, usually keeps things in place.

Just remember, though you never know when you might have to defend yourself in the lieu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-YVt4gfquA
كافر
Dweezil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dweezil »

GaLEO wrote:take your handgun from it's place of concealment and set it here, that way you don't forget it, and if some Senator is next to you tapping his foot with a wide stance you can defend yourself......
What he said. Works well. I'd probably forget it if I hung it off the coat hook. :roll:
"I'm from the government...I'm here to help."
Beretta Steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by Beretta Steel »

I am 30 years old and I have never s--t in a public restroom. It is just something I have been lucky enough to avoid. I eat a lot of cheese I guess that helps.
Brutaldiver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Brutaldiver »

soohwa wrote: Just remember, though you never know when you might have to defend yourself in the lieu.
If you meant the British Slang for toilet then you should have typed:
" loo "
in lieu of
" lieu "
........ :wink:
BryantK
CinCity1911Grips
Small Shop 1911 GM/OM Exotic Wood Grip Maker.
email : brutaldiver @ hotmail . com
(all one word-no spaces of course...)
CZ-75
Silent But Deadly

Post by CZ-75 »

I just take the waistband of my underwear, and pull it up and over the grip. It covers it up, and keeps it pulled in tight to my leg.

As I drop my drawers, I hold onto the gun/holster, then simply pull and tuck... kind of like giving yourself a wedgie (to the side) but with your pants around your ankles.
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Post by pneumagger »

Proposed plan of actoin:

Remove from holster
Unload the gun
Sit down to deuce
While unloading bowels, field strip the gun
Wipe down the gun with bathroom towels
Reassemble and reholster before leaving
nauss
Silent But Deadly

Post by nauss »

3101 wrote:take your handgun from it's place of concealment and set it here, that way you don't forget it, and if some Senator is next to you tapping his foot with a wide stance you can defend yourself......
HAHA

I do the same thing
Doctors accidentally KILL MORE people a year than all gun accidents in the USA. Take that Michael Moore
nauss
Silent But Deadly

Post by nauss »

soohwa wrote:Depends on what I'm carrying.

I'm a big fan of the "hammock" method :wink: If I got to take a leak, well I just keep tension on my belt with my non-firing hand, usually keeps things in place.

Just remember, though you never know when you might have to defend yourself in the lieu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-YVt4gfquA
One of the funniest scenes out there.

I've been there too!
Doctors accidentally KILL MORE people a year than all gun accidents in the USA. Take that Michael Moore
Poacher
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Poacher »

3101 wrote:take your handgun from it's place of concealment and set it here, that way you don't forget it, and if some Senator is next to you tapping his foot with a wide stance you can defend yourself......
This is how I store mine while doing the "paperwork" also
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."-- Vince Lombardi

Director of Training & Special Initiatives
Nighthawk Custom
[email protected]
877-268-4867
dragoon
Silent But Deadly

Post by dragoon »

Most bathroom muggings occur while urinating , standing at a urinal ... Ken Null makes his 'weeping eye' crotch holster , which is normally accessed through the zipper . Its designed for the Walther TPH , but I think he can accomodate othe small autos ... Taking a dump in the inner city is asking for ringworm , and other transient-type afflictions . If you have to , try to sterilize the seat . Like others in this thread suggest , keep your holstered pistol between your ankles/legs , so no one can reach under the stall and grab it , and its also more accessible by you ...