Ruger MKIII with Tac Sol Pac-Lite JAMMING!

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Hoop
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hoop »

wakerider017 wrote:I don't think it is sticking out past the bolt.

Ok, it was hard to tell from the vid.

Send the whole pistol with mag back to the manufactuer of the upper.
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."

www.hooperordnance.com
ASP2001
Silent But Deadly

Post by ASP2001 »

My pac lite works like a champ but the chamber is very tight. It reliably runs with Rem Subs, CCI standards, subs, mini mags, and blazer crap. Some buddies had Wolf SS and it ate that as well.

You have what most would agree is the best setup for a .22 suppressor host so don't give up. Everything has it's issues from time to time and must be tuned. TacSolutions is a great company owned by the best people you'll ever meet. They will make it right.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

You might try running a pin tip from inside the chamber out and see if it catches on that hard edge that you described, looking at the bullets on those cartridges you ran through shows a slight lip digging into the circumference of those bullets, I suspect a very slight ridge or lip at the chamber mouth, possibly enough to throw the feed angle off.
Also eyeball the rims of the cartridges that jam with rims of those that don't and see if there is a difference or remove the bolt and just slide a cartridge up between the bolt face and extractor and see if the ones that jam slides up with difficulty and compare with the ones that don't.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ruger MKIII with Tac Sol Pac-Lite JAMMING!

Post by TOOL1075 »

it seems like this type of malfunction can be caused by an extractor that isn't allowing the rim of the cartridge to "slide" up the bolt face easily enough. (I bought a Vol extractor and noticed that when hand-cycling some cartridges, certain ones would end up partially chambered, but jam, because the feeding angle was too steep; the new extractor was too sharp, and it was restricting the rim) I put the factory extractor back in, and its fine.

Since yours works with the factory upper, I definitely think there is something wrong with the new upper. (or, maybe it has a height difference in conjunction with the lower that your factory upper didn't.)
https://pewscience.com
PEW Science
Professionally Engineered Weaponeering
arrowshot
Silent But Deadly

Re:

Post by arrowshot »

cmoore wrote:
wakerider017 wrote:
tomz34 wrote:May also want to take a close look at the edge of the chamber for any burrs, as suggested above.
If there are any it could be causing the bullet to hang up as its feeding into the chamber.
I believe Brownells sells some type of reamer to clean up the chamber edge on .22's that have been dry-fired too much.
Im not saying thats what you did, I imagine a burr could be caused by other means.
If all else fails you can have a competent gunsmith take a look.
Please keep us posted, I have a similar set-up, (Paclite/Ruger), always interested in the solution.
Good luck with it.
Thanks for this advice.

I did look at the lip of the chamber and compared it to the factory chamber. I noticed the factory chamber has a slight bevel to it while the pac-lite is a hard edge. Not sure if this would cause an issue while feeding it?

I'll bet that's your issue. Some 1911's are the same way until you polish the feed ramp (on the barrels that are not fully ramped), and then you're GTG...hopefully that'll work on your .22
Had the same issue with my PacLite barrel on my Browning and polished the feed ramp with a Dremel. Works almost 100% now.
“The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” Thomas Jefferson
"Sic semper tyrannis"
piartesplunder

Post by piartesplunder »

Hi Guys . I am new to this site and just came across this thread. I had the same problem as mentioned by several with the pac-lite barrel on a Ruger MK1 . It is and easy fix . The problem is the sharp edge ( transition ) on the bottom of the chamber . Mine was shaving lead with some feeding jamming problems. I took a small round file and worked off the sharp edge on the bottom of the chamber being careful not go to far to damage the inside of the chamber & problem solved ( took about 10 minutes ) . No more shaving lead from the bullet head and no more feeding problems ! Hope this helps someone.
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

piartesplunder wrote:Hi Guys . I am new to this site and just came across this thread. I had the same problem as mentioned by several with the pac-lite barrel on a Ruger MK1 . It is and easy fix . The problem is the sharp edge ( transition ) on the bottom of the chamber . Mine was shaving lead with some feeding jamming problems. I took a small round file and worked off the sharp edge on the bottom of the chamber being careful not go to far to damage the inside of the chamber & problem solved ( took about 10 minutes ) . No more shaving lead from the bullet head and no more feeding problems ! Hope this helps someone.
This conversation is 8 years old. The guys you are addressing are long gone
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
arrowshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by arrowshot »

fishman wrote:
piartesplunder wrote:Hi Guys . I am new to this site and just came across this thread. I had the same problem as mentioned by several with the pac-lite barrel on a Ruger MK1 . It is and easy fix . The problem is the sharp edge ( transition ) on the bottom of the chamber . Mine was shaving lead with some feeding jamming problems. I took a small round file and worked off the sharp edge on the bottom of the chamber being careful not go to far to damage the inside of the chamber & problem solved ( took about 10 minutes ) . No more shaving lead from the bullet head and no more feeding problems ! Hope this helps someone.
This conversation is 8 years old. The guys you are addressing are long gone
Actually I am not :)
“The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” Thomas Jefferson
"Sic semper tyrannis"