Beretta slide-lock

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Re: Beretta slide-lock

Post by FSCJedi »

palladium wrote:I have now made ​​a list of people interested to buy a slide lock. If you are interested just post the message "put me on the list" and I'll put your name on the list.
By all means, put me on the list!
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

Put me on the list please! Thanks!
You can't ever have too much KFC!
dtarbox

Post by dtarbox »

add me to the list please
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

This is a little update of the last modification that I make on the slide lock, I change the pivot bolt pin and I aded the pin on the top of the slide lock.

Last edited by palladium on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

I have completed the drilling jig.

Last edited by palladium on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DrDremel
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DrDremel »

Put me on the list. I would buy one. Possibly a second one too.
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

Will this work with the slanted dust cover version 92s (all new production models) as well?
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

FSCJedi wrote:Will this work with the slanted dust cover version 92s (all new production models) as well?
It's a good question! I'm not sure because I don't have any Beretta 92FS with a slanted dust cover; but I believe that yes it should fit, because if you compare size with the picture that I paste on the frame, it looks like it fits. But is not a certitude.

hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

Everything about this thread makes me happy! This is excellent work! What part of the world are you located Palladium? Just wondering if I could visit and have mine installed!
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

I received two very interesting pictures of the KAC slide lock on the beretta forum. Have can see the pine on the top of the slide lock is fully extended when the slide lock is open. The pictures are not very good but you can see the pin fully deploy. I will make some modification on this pin at the end of the week if not this weekend because I am very busy this week.

mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

Please put me on the list!
tomz34
Elite Member

Post by tomz34 »

Put me on the list. :)
Knowledge is Power... Sharing Knowledge is Freedom.
blacklabelop
Silent Operator

Post by blacklabelop »

put me on the list!
DorikinGTSt
Silent But Deadly

Post by DorikinGTSt »

Put me on the list !
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

Hi,
I received the price from my machinist today. Regarding the beretta parts there is not a big difference of the price between a slide and a full gun.

Option 1 -If I ask 1,600$ the kit come with the M9 slide, all the slide lock parts, the drilling JIG, the drill, the instruction on how to drill the frame and install the slide lock, 2 allen keys and the Kac (type) silencer blueprints.

Option 2 -If I ask 2,100$ the kit come with the M9 slide, treated barrel (1/2 X28 TPI), tread protector, all the slide lock parts, all the parts of the beretta frame (execpt the frame), the drilling JIG, the drill, the instruction on how to drill the frame and install the slide lock, 2 allen keys, and the Kac (type) silencer blueprint.

At this time I'm looking for a better price from another firearms dealer for the Beretta slide and for the complet gun. I should have the price in 1 or 2 weeks. But I do not think the price will go lower.

I can only make one of the two options. Which one do you prefer ?

To start a first prototype and make a first production, I need a minimum of 10 person.

I'm waiting for your response
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

palladium wrote:Hi,
I received the price from my machinist today. Regarding the beretta parts there is not a big difference of the price between a slide and a full gun.

Option 1 -If I ask 1,600$ the kit come with the M9 slide, all the slide lock parts, the drilling JIG, the drill, the instruction on how to drill the frame and install the slide lock, 2 allen keys and the Kac (type) silencer blueprints.

Option 2 -If I ask 2,100$ the kit come with the M9 slide, treated barrel (1/2 X28 TPI), tread protector, all the slide lock parts, all the parts of the beretta frame (execpt the frame), the drilling JIG, the drill, the instruction on how to drill the frame and install the slide lock, 2 allen keys, and the Kac (type) silencer blueprint.

At this time I'm looking for a better price from another firearms dealer for the Beretta slide and for the complet gun. I should have the price in 1 or 2 weeks. But I do not think the price will go lower.

To start a first prototype and make a first production, I need a minimum of 10 person.

:shock: That's the cost of a new Beretta, a threaded barrel, a high-end suppressor, AND the tax stamp. Wow. That's a whole lot more than I anticipated, I'm not gonna lie. I fully understand the time that goes into a good CAD drawing, as well as sourcing the machinist, but wow...

I think including the KAC-style suppressor blueprints are neat, but ultimately not going to do most of us any good unless we want to build one on a Form 1 ourselves, and then also find a longer Beretta barrel to mill out to use the suppressor on.

What might be easier would be to find someone here in the states that is a gunsmith (and thus can accept/repair/modify firearms) that could do all the work on our existing frames/slides if we sent our personal guns in. I don't know if that's possible, though.

I really want this to happen, but I don't know that I can afford this mod as it stands. :(

mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

Yeah, it's a bit more than anticipated. I was hoping it would come in closer to the $1000 mark...
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

FSCJedi wrote:
palladium wrote:Hi,

:shock: That's the cost of a new Beretta, a threaded barrel, a high-end suppressor, AND the tax stamp. Wow. That's a whole lot more than I anticipated, I'm not gonna lie. I fully understand the time that goes into a good CAD drawing, as well as sourcing the machinist, but wow...

I think including the KAC-style suppressor blueprints are neat, but ultimately not going to do most of us any good unless we want to build one on a Form 1 ourselves, and then also find a longer Beretta barrel to mill out to use the suppressor on.

What might be easier would be to find someone here in the states that is a gunsmith (and thus can accept/repair/modify firearms) that could do all the work on our existing frames/slides if we sent our personal guns in. I don't know if that's possible, though.

I really want this to happen, but I don't know that I can afford this mod as it stands. :(

Humm... Wait a minut guy.

The cost of a brand new beretta is 605$ at impactgun
http://www.impactguns.com/beretta-m9-9m ... 16371.aspx

The cost of a good barrel same like a Bar-Sto extended and treated is 305$, The tread protector is 25$, the Locking Block & Pins is 35$ and the blackened traitement is 30$ (black color)
http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=Beretta

The cost of a brand new silencer same like a AAC TiRANT-9 is 850$
http://advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=640

The taxe stamp is 200$

The total is 2050$. And you dont pay any tax and shipping at this price !!!

The detail price of my kit

In my country the cost of a beretta M9 is 930$ with tax.

In my country he cost of a Beretta M9 slide is 420$ with tax.

The cost to tread the barrel is 75$

The cost of the tread protector is 25$

The cost of the grove on the slide is 75$

The cost of the drilling JIG is 275$

The cost of all the slide lock parts is 640$

The cost of the drill is 75$
http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-drill-bits/=hd3ic5

The cost of the 2 allen key is 5$
http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-hex-l-keys/=hd3jp9

The Kac type silencer blueprint is FREE !!!

The time I spend to make all the design with solidworks is FREE !!!

You dont need a extended beretta barrel to put a silencer. the original make the job check on the AAC treading guide !
http://www.scribd.com/doc/55893686/AAC-Thread-Guide

I am not a company and I'm not doing this to make money.The cost to make only one prototype is 2600$. The 2 reason that I offer you to buy and make this kit with me is to reduce the cost of the production. The second reason is because I always appreciate the people on this forum who have always help me in some project with pic and information and I thought it was a nice way to say thanks to all of you. If I had 100 people interested to buy one, the price would surely better. If I lived in usa I could sell you the complet kit with the silencer for less thant 2500$. But It's not the case. About giving the job to a gunsmith , especially someone I don't know , I'm not ready to take the chance to ruin my reputation if he does a F--k up on my project.

Check this link and read the post to see the price ( 3000$ to 5000$ ) of a real KAC slide lock with the silencer.
viewtopic.php?t=13729
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

This is quite far from the price point I was anticipating, I'll have to have my name taken off the list. :cry:
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

hs338lapua wrote:This is quite far from the price point I was anticipating, I'll have to have my name taken off the list. :cry:
I am a bit disappointed but I understand.
PSG1 Nut
Silent But Deadly

Post by PSG1 Nut »

Would you entertain selling your design as it is or trading your design for a finished 1 finished slide lock and drill jig?
You can never have enough KAC!
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

PSG1 Nut wrote:Would you entertain selling your design as it is or trading your design for a finished 1 finished slide lock and drill jig?

Selling my design it's a option. Trading my design for a finished slide lock I dont think so. It depends on the person who makes it. But right now, this 2 options not interest me.

3 in 11 people have expressed their opinion. I still waiting for the opinion of others and what option he prefers.

Some person from europe contacted me via my email to be on the list and nobody told me it was too expensive. I think the reason is that some parts of weapons in european country are more expensive.

With the feedback I received on my email, I'm sure this project will come true.
blacklabelop
Silent Operator

Post by blacklabelop »

I was kind of hoping to be able to just buy the components of the slide lock as a kit of some sort..

I have many gunsmiths as friends who would gladly install it.

Maybe rent a jig?

I don't know I appreciate all your work but I was thinking like $300-$450 for parts.. Sorry I am out :(
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

blacklabelop wrote:I was kind of hoping to be able to just buy the components of the slide lock as a kit of some sort..

I have many gunsmiths as friends who would gladly install it.

Maybe rent a jig?

I don't know I appreciate all your work but I was thinking like $300-$450 for parts.. Sorry I am out :(
It's a joke ? A Used beretta slide on gunbroker is 200$ to 300$ and you thought to buy the kit for 400$ to 450$.

Maybe rent a jig? I'm not a tool rental center !!!

ok ok ok I'll just shut my mouth because I will be wickedness in my comments
n.franklin
Senior Silent Operator

Post by n.franklin »

All I need is a slide lock assembly with associated screws, detent pins, and springs. How much?