Beretta slide-lock

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Beretta slide-lock

Post by palladium »

hello everybody, here is my last solid of the slide lock. I already buy a used slide to start a first prototype. I almost finished but I'm missing some detail. If anyone can give me the information I'm missing it would be very appreciated. Thanks

List of people interested to buy

gunningbadger -1
usas12 -1
FSCJedi -1
hs338lapua -0
dtarbox -1
DrDremel -1 or 2
mk23 -1
tomz34 -1
blacklabelop -0
DorikinGTSt -1
Ryo -1
Last edited by palladium on Mon May 14, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 20 times in total.
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Re: Beretta slide-lock

Post by FSCJedi »

Palladium, thank you SO much for doing this! Hopefully someone comes along with the info for you so we can have this mod done to our beretta's! Tagged for DEFINITE interest!
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Tagged as well :mrgreen:
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

Thanks !
mcmillanman5
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcmillanman5 »

Very cool, please keep us updated!
Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo »

Damn me if you get this going.. sold my Beretta a while back.
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

Palladium,

The cut in the slide does go all the though the slide on both sides, just as you have it drawn.

The way my original KAC slide lock works is once you lock the slide and fire the gun, it will automatically unlock it's self allowing you to quickly chamber another round. This is done by the little spring detent at the top of the slide lock to push the slide lock down after the recoil impulse unlocks the back detent.

Your model looks great by the way.

If you need any other details or questions answered, I'll be glad to help.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

James DeGroat wrote:Palladium,

The cut in the slide does go all the though the slide on both sides, just as you have it drawn.

The way my original KAC slide lock works is once you lock the slide and fire the gun, it will automatically unlock it's self allowing you to quickly chamber another round. This is done by the little spring detent at the top of the slide lock to push the slide lock down after the recoil impulse unlocks the back detent.

James, you are a stand-up gentleman! My hat is off to you for being willing to help out with this project. This will make a bunch of 92 owners VERY happy!
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

FSCJedi wrote:

James, you are a stand-up gentleman! My hat is off to you for being willing to help out with this project. This will make a bunch of 92 owners VERY happy!

+ 10
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

I can only say thank you very much for your help is very appreciated. Would it be possible to have more detailed pictures of your beretta, the slide, the lock and the pin on the top.

thanks !!!
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

palladium wrote:

I can only say thank you very much for your help is very appreciated. Would it be possible to have more detailed pictures of your beretta, the slide, the lock and the pin on the top.

thanks !!!
I got your PM.

I'll take some pictures of my Beretta tonight and post those pics and get you the few dimensions you asked for.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).
JC Weaponry
Silent But Deadly

Post by JC Weaponry »

Awesome!
SIGnature SIGsauer Dealer
01/03 SOT
Newberg, OR
DorikinGTSt
Silent But Deadly

Post by DorikinGTSt »

been waiting years for this. great job!
blacklabelop
Silent Operator

Post by blacklabelop »

I will buy one!
Baffle Stack

Post by Baffle Stack »

If you make this happen I will buy a Beretta just for this!
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

+1 I'll buy one if you get them up in production!
n.franklin
Senior Silent Operator

Post by n.franklin »

Patiently waiting....
Hatchetjoe
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hatchetjoe »

Definately interested.
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

I'd be interested in one as well. What material are you planning on building these from? Excellent work by the way!
You can't ever have too much KFC!
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

hs338lapua wrote:I'd be interested in one as well. What material are you planning on building these from? Excellent work by the way!
I plan to make the parts in stainless 17-4 heat treating 43 to 45 RC whit a blackoxide finish. I plan to make 15 kit for the moment. Each kit come with all slide lock part, with a brand new slide with the cut on it and with a drilling jig for the frame with a detailed instruction guide.

as soon as I'm having a working prototype. I will announce the price and I'll ask a deposit for those who want one. Of course I'll take detailed pictures with a video demontration.

If anyone else has any questions or suggestions let me know.
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

Put me on the list!
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

palladium wrote:
hs338lapua wrote:I'd be interested in one as well. What material are you planning on building these from? Excellent work by the way!
I plan to make the parts in stainless 17-4 heat treating 43 to 45 RC whit a blackoxide finish. I plan to make 15 kit for the moment. Each kit come with all slide lock part, with a brand new slide with the cut on it and with a drilling jig for the frame with a detailed instruction guide.

as soon as I'm having a working prototype. I will announce the price and I'll ask a deposit for those who want one. Of course I'll take detailed pictures with a video demontration.

Palladium, I have one request! PLEASE make the front and rear sights dovetailed so they can be easily replaced with night sights! The Beretta 92A1 (with rail) has this, if you need a sample.

usas12

Post by usas12 »

put me on the list also
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

FSCJedi wrote:
palladium wrote:

Palladium, I have one request! PLEASE make the front and rear sights dovetailed so they can be easily replaced with night sights! The Beretta 92A1 (with rail) has this, if you need a sample.

Is a good idea to have night sight on the M9 slide but it's too complicated, because I would machine the slide and I dont have the appropriate equipment for refinish the slide. I could have ordered the beretta 92A1 slide but it did not fit in the Beretta M9 frame. The best solution would be to order Beretta 92 Brigadier Slide but I do not know if they are still in production at Beretta. I will informed on this subject this week. However you should expect that the cost of the Brigadier slide slightly higher if it were available.
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

I have now made ​​a list of people interested to buy a slide lock. If you are interested just post the message "put me on the list" and I'll put your name on the list.