NJ town, possible jail time for barking dogs

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

NJ town, possible jail time for barking dogs

Post by johndoe3 »

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/03/05 ... jail-time/

Saddle River NJ is considering a noise ordinance involving barking dogs. Continuous barking for over 20 continuous minutes during the daytime and over 15 minutes continuous during the night will lead to a citation. Proposed...includes jail time.
The proposed ordinance in Saddle River would prohibit loud, continuous barking for over 20 minutes during the day, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

The law would get even stricter at night, with penalties kicking in for barking lasting more than 15 minutes from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.

Saddle River officials say the nonstop barking cuts into the “comfort or repose of anyone in the vicinity.”

Dog owners who break the new rules could face fines ranging between $100 and $1,000, but owners could also receive a sentence of community service or even prison time.
Is it good use of jail facilities to put Granny or Granddad in jail because their dog barked too much?

Liberal pajama boy or pajama girl could go to work, leaving their dog outside, and come home to situation where the dog was taken into confinement and liberal pajama/boy/girl could get jail time--because the dog was complaining about being left home alone.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: NJ town, possible jail time for barking dogs

Post by poikilotrm »

Fewer laws= more freedom. That being said, it doesn’t matter how many crappy laws there are if you have moral men as police. Moral men will simply refuse to tell the jews to get on the trucks, or arrest a man for printing while carrying a gun “illegally”. A pity there are no moral men in LE.

Remember when the NY SAFE Act came into law? The governor basically told the cops to not enforce it. A number of CLEOs told their troops to not enforce it. Then the coos started arresting people. They not only were not compelled to make these arrests, they were actively discouraged from doing so, but they are moral thugs, so, off to jail Mr. 1911 mag with an 8 round capacity.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: NJ town, possible jail time for barking dogs

Post by a_canadian »

I've had the odd time where a neighbour's damned dog barked so incessantly that if I weren't afraid of the consequences to my freedom I'd have gone over and shot the thing. But yeah, jail time's a bummer. There may be a good argument for shooting the owner, for their negligence in not properly training and/or caring for their animal, something for which they 'signed up' when acquiring said animal.

So yeah, I can see where such a law might have come from. Sometimes a person just really does not want to hear someone else's dog barking, non-stop, for hours. It's a hateful, awful sound.