Pleased by Brave browser, 3x to 6x faster browsing

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Pleased by Brave browser, 3x to 6x faster browsing

Post by johndoe3 »

https://brave.com/

I would seldom offer advice for computers, but I am so pleased with the speed increase of browsing major news websites using the Brave browser (3x to 6x faster browsing over Chrome and Firefox), that I am giving an endorsement to everyone here. The Brave browser uses Chrome as a base and eliminates all the third party cookie tracking through Google Analytics/Google Media and waiting for Ads. Because it is based on Chrome it uses all Apps made for Chrome properly; and imported all my Chrome bookmarks with a click and actually enabled Chrome Apps on Brave automatically (Adblock, PDF, etc.). Brave also claims more Privacy capabilities than FIrefox (and Mozilla is going woke against conservatives).

I will mention that all attempts to download the Brave browser on my Windows desktop failed when using Chrome and FIrefox--like they have some deliberate feature to stop a person from downloading the Brave browser. Only when I decided to use the Microsoft Edge browser (that I never use) and download Brave, did it work and it worked immediately. So...if you have failed download for Brave, try using MS Edge to download.

You will be amazed at browsing the web 3x to 6x faster.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Re: Pleased by Brave browser, 3x to 6x faster browsing

Post by whiterussian1974 »

I also switched to Brave a few weeks ago based upon a suggestion from a friend.

Faster, uses less resources, more stable, easy to recover closed content, blocks must ads/pop-ups fresh from the box and easy to add Adblocker extension.

I'd definitely recommend it to those upset by Mozilla deciding that they hate free speech and the American people.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

johndoe3 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:01 pm https://brave.com/

I will mention that all attempts to download the Brave browser on my Windows desktop failed when using Chrome and FIrefox--like they have some deliberate feature to stop a person from downloading the Brave browser.
Yes. Some browsers "blacklist" competitors' download pages to prevent their use and make them look "unstable."

I used Firefox and was able to go around the blacklist to install Brave. But many ppl might not know how to get around blacklists.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Made the switch this past week after over a decade with Firefox. Indeed fast, Brave often loading a page so quickly that it almost seems to have anticipated my clicks. Setup has been a bit of a chore but that's expected with any new software. Importing bookmarks wasn't perfect, seemingly deleting about 10% of my collected links, but login information for hundreds of sites seems to have been solid. I'm happy especially with how seldom my tablet fan turns on now when viewing video sites like YouTube. Show graphics processing has become much more efficient with Brave. Battery life likewise improved and the very hot spot on the back of the MS Surface Pro 3 is now barely warm at worst. Should have done this long ago, but clung to the familiarity of Firefox. The Chrome plugin store has loads of extensions too.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

a_canadian wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:30 pm Setup has been a bit of a chore but that's expected with any new software....The Chrome plugin store has loads of extensions too.
I wish that I could move the Home Bar buttons around. I'm used to the "Last, next, home, refresh" buttons on the right, instead of left.
Also, I haven't found the "are you sure that you want to close ALL tabs" protection. I have done this a couple of times trying to adjust the page size on my screen. :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

whiterussian1974 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:23 pmI wish that I could move the Home Bar buttons around. I'm used to the "Last, next, home, refresh" buttons on the right, instead of left.
Also, I haven't found the "are you sure that you want to close ALL tabs" protection. I have done this a couple of times trying to adjust the page size on my screen.
I don't see any options to move those buttons to the right side. Seems they decided to keep it simple by locking the locations, even making the Home button a menu toggle, switched off by default at least in my install.

And nothing in the way of an 'are you sure?' pop-up as with Firefox. At least with Firefox if I had my battery die or otherwise accidentally shut the browser, going into History and clicking 'restore previous session' worked very, very well. With Brave one has to be more careful.

It's not as slick as Firefox in terms of personalization. But I'll take a simpler browser for the added speed, the cooler-running processor, and most of all my privacy and right to access whatever sites I like. That statement from Mozilla's CEO freaked me out.

The Purge is on boys! NFATalk has been down all day. Parler's gone, its CEO and other employees literally on the run thanks to many death threats after Amazon leaked their home addresses and contact information. Signal is apparently gone, though I've never used that so just picking up on reports here and there. Soon there won't be anything much left in terms of people who didn't vote for Biden finding each other. Some very left-wing people I follow are warning that we need backup plans for communicating with contacts, as Google seems likely to clean house. Who knows what might get deleted and/or leaked from Gmail? That's why I use a private domain for my actual communications, never did trust Hotmail, Yahoo, nor Google. Something very fishy about a mega corporation handling all my email, especially when they actively encouraged people to never delete anything... that just stinks of data mining towards some unknown purpose. I'm frankly surprised SilencerTalk is still online. Could be a matter of days before this place too gets 'disappeared' by the nanny state.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

a_canadian wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:57 pm That statement from Mozilla's CEO freaked me out.

The Purge is on boys!
Absolutely! And thank you for info verification.

Stay safe my Brother.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Yeah, well, I've no doubt stirred things up around here the odd time (though never as my alter-ego 'quietoldfart' which generated only positivity, go figure), but in a time of such radical transition it seems one has to choose a side. And the fascistic galivanting of the radical left over the past year doesn't get my vote. You guys are alright, even if the rather more boorish fellows over on NFAtalk don't think so. What do they know... well, actually most of them are okay too.
Parker59

Post by Parker59 »

johndoe3 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:01 pm https://brave.com/

I would seldom offer advice for computers, but I am so pleased with the speed increase of browsing major news websites using the Brave browser (3x to 6x faster browsing over Chrome and Firefox), that I am giving an endorsement to everyone here. The Brave browser uses Chrome as a base and eliminates all the third party cookie tracking through Google Analytics/Google Media and waiting for Ads. Because it is based on Chrome it uses all Apps made for Chrome properly; and imported all my Chrome bookmarks with a click and actually enabled Chrome Apps on Brave automatically (Adblock, PDF, etc.). Brave also claims more Privacy capabilities than FIrefox (and Mozilla is going woke against conservatives).

I will mention that all attempts to download the Brave browser on my Windows desktop failed when using Chrome and FIrefox--like they have some deliberate feature to stop a person from downloading the Brave browser. Only when I decided to use the Microsoft Edge browser (that I never use) and download Brave, did it work and it worked immediately. So...if you have failed download for Brave, try using MS Edge to download.

You will be amazed at browsing the web 3x to 6x faster.
I gotta switch to this also
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

I used to use Firefox with AdBlock+ and Ghostery. I moved to Brave because it had those features built into it and could use Chrome Plug-ins if needed.
If I want true anonymity, I run TOR.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Yesterday I read that Brave had purchased a search engine. No idea which one, but something they can now further develop. Their intention is to offer a default search engine which is inherently secure and anonymous. So something like duckduckgo used to be, but with Brave's in house dedication to privacy built in.
ervinjason

Post by ervinjason »

Made the switch this past week after over a decade with Firefox. Indeed fast, Brave often loading a page so quickly that it almost seems to have anticipated my clicks.

Setup has been a bit of a chore but that's expected with any new software. Importing bookmarks wasn't perfect, seemingly deleting about 10% of my collected links, but login information for hundreds of sites seems to have been solid.

I'm happy especially with how seldom my tablet fan turns on now when viewing video sites like YouTube. Show graphics processing has become much more efficient with Brave.

Battery life likewise improved and the very hot spot on the back of the MS Surface Pro 3 is now barely warm at worst. Should have done this long ago, but clung to the familiarity of Firefox. The Chrome plugin store has loads of extensions too.

Post by Noradavis »

Privacy-focused Brave browser offers '3x to 6x faster' browsing than Chrome, Firefox. Brave browser comes with built-in ad blockers and can ...
However, Brave does not have the keys to decrypt your data," the company says on its website. Apart from security, the browser promises 3x to 6x faster surfing experience than the competition, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
Brave's browser speed derives from its radically clicker counter different approach to Internet privacy. Because Brave blocks third-party ads and trackers, it streamlines the website loading process. This increased speed is especially noticeable with slower internet connections, or on older computersBrave Software, Inc. Brave Software's headquarters are in San Francisco, California. As of August 2022, Brave claims to have more than 57.42 million monthly active users, 19.3 million daily active users and a network of more than 1.6 million content creators.