Steak done-ness

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

flip
Elite Member

Re: Steak done-ness

Post by flip »

My brother and I ate at Palm in McLean a few times while on business. I don't know what they did to their bone in rib eyes but you could cut them with a fork. They may or may not have used some butter on them.

ETA: All of the best steaks I've eaten have been dry aged.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

As a side note: Has anyone been to Wendy's lately? They've re-named their burger line "Dave's Hot 'N Juicy" burgers. They are using the same weight burgers, but made thicker than before. The funny thing is the "juicy". They may be using fattier beef to make the burger juicier, but if you've noticed, it seems way juicier than that could account for. Best to take home, unless you want a real mess. I think they must be pouring a ladle of au jus over each burger, before wrapping it up. :lol:
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Post by Schulze »

I got one Hot n Juicy when it came out. It was small and the meat was over cooked. Just to be sure, I checked my receipt, and yep, $5.00 for the Hot n Juicy. A jalapeno double cheeseburger from Sonic is about 40% larger and the same price.
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

Russian wrote: He eats exclusively at BLT Prime and The Strip House. I highly recommend both. The steak at The Strip House is better, but BLT Prime is a better value and their sides are superior. And if anyone ever tells you that Peter Luger's is the best steakhouse in NYC, assume they've either never been to BLT Prime/The Striphouse or they're a fucking moron. And you can quote me on that.
So, I take clients out to eat in NYC all the time.

Luger's - good but not the best, irritating that you need to pay cash.
Bobby Vann's - Very Good.
Del Frisco's - the best I have been to so far.
The Strip House - very good
Spark's (claim to fame was the Gambino hit on the Castalano family) - fair, never again.
Abe & Arthurs - very good
Old Holmestead - very good

as I think of some more i will add them.

Uncle Jack's - not bad
Ruth Chris - decent
McCormics - decent
Mortons - good
Ben Bensons - very good.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
MaxwellHart

Post by MaxwellHart »

If you request a well-done steak, the chef will typically serve you a terrible cut that he's eager to discard. I typically prefer medium-rare to medium, and I enjoy the outside with a light char.