DIAS for Colt M16 style rifle.

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Liver
Silent But Deadly

DIAS for Colt M16 style rifle.

Post by Liver »

I'm thinking that m16 style rifles and Dias are not coming down.

May as well get one.

With a Dias, will it work with a kac sr15?
If I get a 9mm upper and SBR the upper, is that another stamp? Or does the Dias cover it? I am making the assumption that the sear will work in 9mm and 22 if I desire.

Thanks so much.
Ramius
Silent But Deadly

Re: DIAS for Colt M16 style rifle.

Post by Ramius »

Machine gun trumps SBR requirements, if the DIAS is in the lower, you don't need a SBR stamp.

BUT if you take the sear out, the < 16" barrel upper has to come off the lower too . . . .
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Ramius wrote:Machine gun trumps SBR requirements, if the DIAS is in the lower, you don't need a SBR stamp.

BUT if you take the sear out, the < 16" barrel upper has to come off the lower too . . . .
The upper has to come off FIRST..
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

For it to work in the kac you will have to change out trigger components and some other parts which I am sure you knew and then gring down safety stop on side of reciever to allow new selector to rotate fully .
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Liver »

I think I'm going to keep the kac as is. Trouble finding a sear so I am in the process of getting a rLL to me.

Going to build a new rifle for it. Recommendations?
zevdogs
Silent But Deadly

Post by zevdogs »

If you could find a DIAS like this you wouldn't need to change from AR-15 trigger group to M16

Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

zevdogs wrote:If you could find a DIAS like this you wouldn't need to change from AR-15 trigger group to M16

+1 Zevdog
You must also have a FA bolt carrier and the DIAS should be fitted.Your weapon will be FA only with it, no grinding of the safety stop necessary.
You must get a stamp for the lower to use a SBR length barrel.
The DIAS will not change the status of the lower to MG.
A registered MG can use any barrel length.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Liver »

I would get a registered sear if I could find one for sale at a fair market price. By that I mean the going rate. If you post a wanted sale, potential sellers really inflate the price. If they get posted then they sell very very fast (at market price).

So I found a registered lighting link, auto disconnecter, and jumped on it.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

Now you need a P carrier to make the Lightning link work.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

Liver wrote:I would get a registered sear if I could find one for sale at a fair market price. By that I mean the going rate. If you post a wanted sale, potential sellers really inflate the price. If they get posted then they sell very very fast (at market price).

Just FYI, get a lower with the selector stops still in place, I just had a newish colt M4 6920 milled out for my RLL and completely forgot about the safety rotating 360 degrees without the selector stops when using a modified Burst FCG for select fire. Not a deal breaker, but it annoys me. Probably have to weld the selector pin groove so it hits and stops at 180 or something like that.
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Liver »

jt526 wrote:
Liver wrote:I would get a registered sear if I could find one for sale at a fair market price. By that I mean the going rate. If you post a wanted sale, potential sellers really inflate the price. If they get posted then they sell very very fast (at market price).

Just FYI, get a lower with the selector stops still in place, I just had a newish colt M4 6920 milled out for my RLL and completely forgot about the safety rotating 360 degrees without the selector stops when using a modified Burst FCG for select fire. Not a deal breaker, but it annoys me. Probably have to weld the selector pin groove so it hits and stops at 180 or something like that.
Thanks. I will keep that in mind. I'm talking with Double Diamond in Tucson AZ.
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

Found a solution, the BAD ASS ambi selector has rotation stops in it. Just got a couple for my hosts. Much happier now.
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Liver »

jt526 wrote:Found a solution, the BAD ASS ambi selector has rotation stops in it. Just got a couple for my hosts. Much happier now.
Do you have a web link?
telero
Silent But Deadly

Post by telero »

Liver wrote:
jt526 wrote:Found a solution, the BAD ASS ambi selector has rotation stops in it. Just got a couple for my hosts. Much happier now.
Do you have a web link?
http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/badass.php
markm
Silent But Deadly

Post by markm »

Capt. Link. wrote: Your weapon will be FA only with it
Deal Breaker!
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Liver »

markm wrote:
Capt. Link. wrote: Your weapon will be FA only with it
Deal Breaker!
I have not taken possession of the rLL. So from Internet experts I have read with the proper trigger pack I can get safe / semi / auto. I do know that 3 round burst is impossible with this set up.

Is that incorrect?