ATF Form 5320.20 question

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

CMV
Silent But Deadly

ATF Form 5320.20 question

Post by CMV »

I'm in NC and visit family in PA, friends in TN. If i want to take an SBR and/or suppressors to either, I'm supposed to submit the 5320.20 or only if I'm permanently moving those items there?

If it is required/good practice to do that for a visit, do i need to wait for an approved form back or just submit, retain a copy, & go?

How specific do the dates need to be - i.e. can it be open-ended? Could I submit now for 7/15/2020 thru 7/15/2021 and then I'm good to go whenever during the next year or would I need to know exactly when I'm coming & going and have specific dates for each trip?
--------------------------------------

"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes"
"This board is currently disabled"
These things make me :(
mbogo300

Re: ATF Form 5320.20 question

Post by mbogo300 »

You don't need to file a 5320.20 if you are just visiting another state with suppressors.

You do need to file a 5320.20 if you are transporting an SBR to another state, even if temporarily.
12 stamps and looking for one to put in jail. . :mrgreen:
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Re: ATF Form 5320.20 question

Post by YugoRPK »

You can file for the whole year no problem. Also once in state you can go anywhere with it. As noted its not needed for the silencer but it is for the SBR.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter