FN FAL original type 2 Receiver

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Balticgunnut

FN FAL original type 2 Receiver

Post by Balticgunnut »

How much is this receiver worth? Original Fabrique National D'Armes De Guerre Herstal Type 2 receiver made for the IDF in the 60's

YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Re: FN FAL original type 2 Receiver

Post by YugoRPK »

Is that sear cut? If so I'd say 10 years or $10,000.

Not that we will ever hear from you again but its generally considered poor form to ask what you can sell an unlicensed machinegun for on your first post. Wait until your 7th or 8th post before you start throwing federal felonies around.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
Balticgunnut

Post by Balticgunnut »

YugoRPK wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:02 am Is that sear cut? If so I'd say 10 years or $10,000.

Not that we will ever hear from you again but its generally considered poor form to ask what you can sell an unlicensed machinegun for on your first post. Wait until your 7th or 8th post before you start throwing federal felonies around.
You do realize not everyone on this forum is in the US and subject to the crummy NFA. Where I live this is a unregulated part and I was asking to know what the value is for a rare gun part not that I was looking to sell. I will probaly do a FAL build with it.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

OK. Its illegal and worthless in the US. In your local market who knows. Certainly no one here. Depends on your local laws and market.
Balticgunnut

Post by Balticgunnut »

YugoRPK wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:12 am OK. Its illegal and worthless in the US. In your local market who knows. Certainly no one here. Depends on your local laws and market.
Thank you for your feedback
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Up until about a year ago you could buy genuine Colt M16 receivers over the counter in Germany for 25 Euros a piece. There was no market for them. No parts availability nor was there a legal way for Germans to assemble one without a mountain of paperwork and neutering mods. The receivers were worthless. You havent said where you were from.
Balticgunnut

Post by Balticgunnut »

YugoRPK wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:45 pm Up until about a year ago you could buy genuine Colt M16 receivers over the counter in Germany for 25 Euros a piece. There was no market for them. No parts availability nor was there a legal way for Germans to assemble one without a mountain of paperwork and neutering mods. The receivers were worthless. You havent said where you were from.
Switzerland. Yes machine guns are legal here but restriction on when you go shooting. You have to to notify the police and get permission to shoot on when you want to go. Also you have to have permission from the range owner
Balticgunnut

Post by Balticgunnut »

YugoRPK wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:45 pm Up until about a year ago you could buy genuine Colt M16 receivers over the counter in Germany for 25 Euros a piece. There was no market for them. No parts availability nor was there a legal way for Germans to assemble one without a mountain of paperwork and neutering mods. The receivers were worthless. You havent said where you were from.
In Germany you can still buy receivers for full auto you just have to already have a gun permit.
ASI828277

Post by ASI828277 »

Balticgunnut wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:56 am How much is this receiver worth? Original Fabrique National D'Armes De Guerre Herstal Type 2 receiver made for the IDF in the 60's

Beautiful